Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerial Lift Technician
at Equipment Depot
Aerial Lift Technician
What’s in it for you?
- Technical Training
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including several types of insurance, 401K matching, etc.
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Work Schedule: Mon thru Friday with rotational on call weekend schedule
- Safety Incentive Program & Branch Budget Incentive Program
- Company Van/Gas provided, able to park at home
- Structured Technician Career Development Program
- Interest Free Tool Loan program
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Accepts assigned work orders from Service Dispatcher, Planner and Manager in order to begin diagnosing and planning work required to repair the units.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed and approved by the Service Manager / Shop Lead.
- Responsible for writing complete repair descriptions on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and hour meter reading.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and any specified safety devices on units and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications and ensures final quality inspection is conducted prior to make the unit ready for return to service.
- Turns in all paperwork to Service Dispatcher/Planner daily. Includes work orders, time cards, etc;
- Provide the Service Manager with reporting data related to work in progress totals for field technicians
- Control flow of work in the shop (including trucking and rentals when necessary)
- Create and communicate all quotes for work to be done in the shop.
- Provide guidance to technicians to assist in the completion of repairs when necessary
- Open, review, and validate all information on all work orders at the time of the service job as well as throughout the process until the billing is complete
- Create and organize all paperwork generated during the shop repair. (Including the shop folders)
- Communicate with customers on status of their shop job via outbound calls as the work is being performed
- Confirm scheduled maintenance has been performed on all units in the shop for repairs
- Create and communicate field service quotes when necessary
- Answer and respond to incoming customer service calls
- Final sign off on shop work orders prior to invoicing
- Perform other duties assigned by management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six to twelve months related mechanical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have own tools and fully know how to use them.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things