Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior .NET Software Developer
at Entrance Software
WHAT ENTRANCE DOES
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry.
Our values are:
- Be Curious
- Find a Way
- Improve Everything
- Serve Others
- Have Fun
If you think this list sounds like you, then you need to come be a part of our growing Entrance team. Our engineers address changing industry needs in close collaboration with our clients. Teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture, and our experienced managers practice agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
- Create business information solutions by developing and maintaining .NET software applications through the full software development life cycle.
- Define project objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Integrate applications by assessing system capabilities and establishing connectivity between disparate systems.
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.)
- Technical Skills:
- C# 4.0+
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office SharePoint development experience is not required but is a plus
- WPF(or similar) development experience is not required but is a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance.
- 100% company-paid coverage for single employees.
- For employees with families, up to $6,000 company-paid coverage per year to offset benefits premiums.
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule, including work-from-hope options.
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothie station, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. No third parties please.
Job offers for this position will be contingent on a pre-employment screening, which may include (but is not limited to) a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, and/or verification of work history.