Enterprise Products Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer, Staff Controls
at Enterprise Products Company
Job Reference #: 0008ZE
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Staff Controls Engineer (Safety Systems) will be responsible for designing, installing, and supporting safety instrumented systems. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and technical support for process control and instrumentation.
- Leading layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for all 119 PSM facilities across Enterprise.
- Facilitating the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Analysis.
- Lead the design effort for Burner Management Systems.
- Optimizing the testing intervals for safety instrumentation.
- Leading the development and support of Alarm Management effort to implement industry recognized standards across the large scaled plants and PHMSA regulated control rooms supported by Control Engineering.
- Providing guidance and support for process control project scope and estimates.
- Participating in operational training as related to these systems.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or related degree is required.
- A minimum of 15 years experience on implementation of safety systems for plant and pipeline facilities is required.
- Working knowledge of industry standards for documentation, basics and complex regulatory control, loop tuning, safety systems, DCS and PLC configuration is required.
- Working knowledge of electrical and instrumentation design including relay logic.
- Extensive knowledge of HAZOP, LOPA, and SIL analysis are required.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized safety system, burner management equipment, and implementation is required.
- Experience with ICS Triplex, Honeywell, Triconex, and Allen Bradley PLC is preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs. and climb a ladder.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization (operations and contractors), both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and be on-call as required.