Enterprise Products Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer, Senior Communications
at Enterprise Products Company
Job Reference #: 0009DE
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Senior Communications Engineer will be providing the design and project management for various systems into the overall Enterprise Products' communications infrastructure. This will include designing and implementing systems that integrate with wireless, voice, SCADA, Badge Access, satellite, microwave, CCTV and data networks. In addition, managing contract personnel that may be deployed for certain projects. The management of communications projects and interfacing with many third party vendors and contractors to complete those projects will be a common duty. This individual will also be responsible for the ultimate quality control of the deployed systems. Othere responsibilities include, but are limited to:
- Design communications solutions involving the integration of the above mentioned technologies
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs
- Manage the deployment of communications designs
- Interface with external contractors during project deployments and system problem resolutions
- Maintain budgets for communications projects
- Provide upper level technical support for field communications technicians
- Research new technologies for communications solutions
- Provide technical input on communications contracts and agreements
- Provide FCC and FAA administration for communications assets
- Generate technology standards documents
- Technical support for internal field technicians on trouble resolutions
- 20% - 50% travel
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering is required.
- Certifications such as PMP, FCC license, CCNA, or NARTE is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years experience in 3 or more of the following technologies: wireless, voice, SCADA, Badge Access, satellite, microwave, CCTV, and data networks are required.
- Experience in the design and integration of communications systems and the associated project management of those designs is required.
- Applicant should be able to effectively utilize Visio or CAD for system diagrams.
- Experience with communications path profile software is preferred in addition to the utilization of the FCC ULS web site.
- The applicant is required to communicate effectively while working with internal and external customers.
- Should be able to manage multiple communications projects while also fielding requests and support from various sources.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and be self motivated is a requirement.
- Should be able to lift moderate weight and have the ability to kneel, bend and twist while installing or testing project deployments.
- Depending on the project, travel to the offshore environment may be a requirement.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.