EnPro Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EnPro Industries, inc.
The Manufacturing Engineer's role is to support and improve the process for manufacturing products and assemblies produced by Garlock. The ME supports the production of systems and problem solving with plant personnel. The ME is responsible for improving processes that meet engineering specifications in the manufacturing production system.
- Responsible for promoting safety and keeping safety a high priority on a daily basis.
- Provides “hands on” process and equipment support.
- Create, modify, and review work instructions/procedures, lock-out/tag procedures and process flow/routings.
- May design tools and fixtures required for certain operations. Develop sketches, drawings, and outlines necessary for completion of assignments.
- Plans and coordinates the development and improvement of manufacturing processes and process equipment.
- Develops, with a cross-functional team, new product introduction from experimentation to full production.
- Coordinates the transfer of completed projects to manufacturing and provides engineering assistance during initial start-up production.
- Develops and recommends improved layouts for offices, manufacturing operations and storage areas. Requires analysis of material flow, equipment and storage requirements.
- Develops and implements process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyzes manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughout.
- Confers with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluates products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Works in conjunction with Operations Manager to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Provides engineering support in Manufacturing Department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- Supports Company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, safety, and goods manufacturing practices.
- Provides technical support to Manufacturing personnel.
- Supports and develops Lean Improvements and promotes Safety.
- Participates in Technology Transfers, and researches New Technology to improve the manufacturing process.
- Work with maintenance department to develop a strong preventative maintenance program for tools and equipment.
- Occasionally take on product or application engineering tasks to support other engineering functions.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an engineering capacity.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to understand root cause and drive corrective actions.
- Mechanical aptitude with hands on experience.
- Working knowledge of rubber and plastic molding.
- Working knowledge of Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Able to manage multiple tasks, good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently yet seeks additional resources when needed.
- Project management capability.
- Lean certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate to all levels of the Organization.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Google file management system.
- Experience in 3D CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong tooling/manufacturing methods knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel and/or work weekends when required (~5%).