Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer Intern (2206)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The North America Digital Studio team is involved in providing technical oversight, development, and guidance for all North American digital and software projects. Each of North America's business units rely on the digital studio to provide guidance on best practices involving new technology and vetting of new technology through building off of proofs of concept. The internship requires a self-motivated individual with an appetite to learn and a strong desire to pursue a career in data science, software engineering, or enterprise architecture. This opportunity will assist in further developing professional skills, specifically in the fields above. Tasks will include being involved in high level discussions around disruptive technology, system design and architecture, and telling stories in a data driven approach. Interns will work directly with ENGIE Data Scientists, Cloud Engineers, and Solution Architects.
Houston, TX / IT
Hourly / Non-exempt
- Data Analysis
- Technology Prototyping
- Software Engineering
- Create Reports and Dashboards
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to think analytically, present ideas professionally, and work in project teams
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Must be at least a junior or senior (by end of spring semester) working toward a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Master's/MBA student working towards a master's in Computer Science, or closely-related degree
- Must possess a 3.25 GPA or higher & be able to work up to 40 hours per week
- Experience with the following are not required, but preferred:
- Proficient in Python, R, or C#.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with Statistics and Probability
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.