Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Renewable Power Originator (1827)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
As part of its development plan in North America, ENGIE Energy Marketing NA, Inc. is looking for an Originator for its North American wholesale Gas and Power group. The goal of this role is to lead wholesale marketing towards North American renewable producers and consumers, offering energy management and hedging services as well.
Houston / ENGIE Energy Marketing, NA (“EEMNA”)
Salaried - Exempt
- Develop and negotiate structured hedging products for power producers, utilities, and large wholesale counterparties, primarily in the renewable space.
- Contribute to the commercial strategy development and implementation, with a focus on making the link between the production pool and consumption pool of green power. Build on ENGIE's presence and experience at both sides.
- Timely manage deal and contract negotiations from initiation to execution
- Effectively coordinate across trading, structuring, legal, market and credit risk functions to price and execute structured transactions, creating value for ENGIE Energy Marketing and enabling to manage risks at the right price level.
- Develop and negotiate new energy management agreements for EEMNA in the renewable generation space Expand ENGIE Energy Marketing's wholesale client base and brand presence, and manage day to day relation with clients
- Represent ENGIE at conferences, client events and presentations
- Strong working knowledge of structured renewable and power products for North American market
- Strong understanding of developer segment with particular focus on Wind, Solar & Battery Independent Power Producers.
- Very good comprehension of the recent trends in the renewable corporate PPA market and the dynamics of wholesale buyers' channels
- Experience working with Private Equity firms as well as other leveraged asset owners is an asset
- Experience in contract negations
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or similar discipline
- 2 years of relevant experience in North America renewable markets.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in North American power markets with exposure to counterparties
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.