Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll/Payroll Tax Specialist (Mobility)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
Under limited supervision, works as part of the payroll team for ENGIE's North America Business Unit and is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of inpatriate and expatriate payrolls, researching and resolving complex payroll matters, maintaining accuracy of payroll database, coaching other team members on payroll processes.
Houston, TX / Payroll
- Handles complex inpatriate and expatriate payroll processing, reports, reconciliations, payroll taxes, gross-ups, true-ups, hypo taxes, year-end procedures for inpatriates and expatriate employees.
- Partners with Human Resources mobility specialist, global mobility team and external accounting firm to ensure proper and accurate processing of payrolls and taxes.
- Processing off-cycle payrolls – including shadow payrolls, paycheck corrections/reversals and tax adjustments, collections/overpayment tracking, reporting deductions and earnings accurately, and expatriate processing.
- Processing special compensation and bonus checks with gross ups (addressed above).
- Oversee compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations and timely filing and payment of employee and employer related taxes to ensure timely deposits and to avoid tax penalties.
- Ensuring the accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishment, liens, direct deposit requests, 401(k) loans, etc.
- Audit responsibilities include reconciliation of monthly and pay period payroll reports, preliminary payroll audits, flexible spending, 401(k) and any other payroll related benefits with the appropriate parties.
- Researching and resolution of complex payroll questions, inquiries and verifications for employment/unemployment and other payroll-related data.
- Creating and analyzing regular and special reports through HRIS/Payroll system reporting.
- Investigate complex inquiries from and respond to taxing agencies (e.g. state tax departments, unemployment insurance departments, etc.) and external accounting firm assisting with W-2 preparation.
- Ensures legal compliance in completing all paperwork including all Federal, State and 006Cocal laws regarding payroll administration.
- Responsible for applying for Certificates of Coverage for eligible assignees.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll.
- Analyzing current payroll policies and procedures and recommend best practices for efficiency and accuracy.
- Keeps current in trends and regulations as they relate to the payroll function.
- Using the most current and up- to-date federal and state regulations, ensure the accuracy of quarter-end and year-end reporting requirements.
- Partnering with third parties on successful resolution of payroll processes and activities.
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certified) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) a plus.
- Experience working with “shadow payrolls” for inpatriates and expatriates strongly preferred.
- High degree of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work independently with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Garnishment regulations and processing.
- Knowledge of global and multi-state tax withholding reciprocity agreements and how to process.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work and communicate successfully with remote teams.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Associate Degree in relevant field preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of payroll experience in multi-state and international payroll working for an energy company strongly preferred.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.