Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Accountant & Master Data Specialist (1247)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
Responsible for all payroll related accounting, and for coordinating master data maintenance.
- Ensure timely and proper Payroll JE interface from ADP to SAP
- Investigates and resolves all ADP To SAP Interface issues
- Books any manual payroll related journal entries in SAP, as required
- Calculates the salary and tax monthly accruals for each division and record to the appropriate general ledger.
- Reconciles payroll related GL accounts
- Produces payroll related reports
- Calculates bonus and vacation accruals
- Prepares and processes Overtime accrual and 401K ER match accrual.
- Coordinates master data maintenance for Payroll, Vendors and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Input and maintenance of supplier and member accounts, item master data, product pricing agreements, safety data sheets and insurance certificates
- Managing vendor correspondence, contacting them for more information when needed and documenting changes in ERP
- Accurately and efficiently processing change requests and maintaining documentation
- Responsible for reviewing and sending internal/external communications
- Managing website inquiries from members and suppliers
- Developing an ownership approach to ensure that accurate data information is collected and disseminated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and excellent accounting skills
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Excel
- Tools used for the job may include Microsoft Office Tool Suite, SAP, and Payroll/HR software (ADP Vantage HCM and ADP General Ledger)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors
- Ability to manage multiple projects across different business lines and cost centers
- Deadline driven and ability to plan ahead to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated
- Work in time sensitive environment; may be outside of usual US business hours
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- 5-7 years relevant experience required
- Bachelor's degree required. Accounting degree preferred.
- Experience in SAP a plus
- Strong Microsoft office suite skills
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.