Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant (1246)
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Senior Accountant for ENGIE Energy Marketing North America will prepare the accounting entries necessary for monthly financial close including the mark to market of various energy commodities. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies between the energy trading risk system and the general ledger. Support trade settlement activities through sub-ledger and cash reconciliations.
Houston / EEMNA
Salary - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Accurately prepare the monthly mark-to-market accounting and physical gas storage entries and work with the Trade Settlements team and commercial groups to resolve any variances between the risk system and general ledger.
- Prepare monthly accruals of settled energy transactions for the activity of affiliate companies.
- Assist with populating the consolidation system, including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial reporting packages.
- Review and analyze balance sheet accounts and prepare and maintain account reconciliations.
- Reconcile gas storage balances to the pipeline statements.
- Prepare intercompany billings and monitor intercompany receivables and payables
- Reconcile and process settlement activity for multiple commodities, including adjustments to AR/AP sub ledgers as required by the Trade Settlements team.
- Reconcile and record prior period adjustments.
- Ensure cash activity is accurately recorded so counterparty balances are properly reflected
- Compare estimates to actuals and analyze and explain variances.
- Prepare monthly sales by state monthly report for the Tax Department.
- Assist with the coordination of external and internal audits and work with other team members to ensure audit requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain controls and documentation evidencing performance of established controls.
- Cross train with other team members and act as a back-up, as needed.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of various commodity types and their settlement procedures
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in SAP accounting software
- Proficient in usage of all Microsoft product, and previous experience using energy trading risk management systems
- Comply with all Engie Energy Marketing NA, Inc. policies and procedures
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Act as a team member with all employees of Engie Energy Marketing NA, Inc. staff
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Could involve some lifting
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience
- 3-5 years working in wholesale energy commodity market
- CPA preferred
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.