Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCADA Engineering Advisor (1443)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
ENGIE North America (ENA) is seeking qualified candidates to for an Engineering Advisor role within the Business Development Technical Services team. The Engineering Advisor will support SCADA and Substation Automation Protection and Controls projects for renewable generation (Wind and Solar) and Distributed Heating – Cooling and Power (DHCP) in North America (USA and CANADA).
Houston, TX / Business Development / Tech Services
Exempt - Salaried
- Learn ENGIE North America distributed generation SCADA architecture and new project development and implementation process.
- Assist with engineering analysis, design review and commissioning of renewable energy projects (including Wind, Solar PV, Solar PV Energy Storage, Distributed Cooling, Heating and Power DCHP)
- Assist in commissioning of solar photovoltaic systems and energy storage system (PV-ESS), including the ability to perform solar site surveys
- Proficient in Schneider – AVEVA Wonderware System Platform Version 2017
- Experienced in development of process graphics in InTouch HMI, Factory Talk as well as Power-BI dashboards.
- Become familiar with ENGIE Cyber Security framework and support compliance in all the renewable projects.
- Experience in programing Schweitzer (SEL) protection relays SEL-351, SEL-487, including RTAC-3530
- Experience in PLC hardware and maintenance for PLC's Allen-Bradley Control Logix, ABB PLC, Raspberry PI
- Experience programming PLC ladder logic, functional blocks, IEC-61131, Node-RED is a plus
- Prepare performance monitoring tools and programming applications
- Travel to remote sites to assist project commissioning and signal check-out activities of SCADA communications
- Expertise in industrial networking, configuration of VLANS, switches, routers and firewalls
- Record specification designs, drawings, bills of materials and test data
- Create test procedures to verify hardware and software design
- Ensure engineering design comply with UL, IEEE, ISA requirements
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Experience in programming Schneider Wonderware System Platform (Galaxy Repository, Object oriented programming and historian)
- Experience in PLC programming (Allen Bradley, ABB, Schneider Electric)
- Excellent written communication skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel and Power Point
- Willingness and ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Ability to work without supervision
- Travel required (up to 40%)
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Bachelor's or Technical Associate degree in Automation and Controls Engineering, Power Electronics Engineering, or Computer Programming Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a similar role, with 5 years' experience in Industrial Automation, preferably working within the Power Sector
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.