Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Portfolio Management Advisor (1150)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Portfolio Management Advisor
Working in a team environment, the Advisor will participate in the pricing, structuring, portfolio management, profitability analysis and new product development of the Engie Resources retail electricity portfolio with a focus on integration of Renewable/Sustainability products across the Engie Resources footprint. Leveraging fundamental analysis, advanced analytics and market acumen, the Advisor will identify opportunities and work with the ENGIE N.A. affiliate business units and functional groups to develop and deploy innovative Renewable Energy solutions that combine multiple ENGIE energy management and energy services products and services. These include distributed energy, such as on-site solar and storage, as well as off-site renewables such as utility scale Wind and Solar.
Houston, TX / RETAIL
Essential Job Functions
Portfolio Management Activities
- Structure and integrate new and existing Renewable/Sustainability products into the Engie Resources portfolio.
- Develop, evaluate and administer risk management strategies associated with on-site and off-site Renewable/Sustainability product offerings.
- Develop, evaluate and administer risk management strategies associated with sourcing the output of long term PPAs into bespoke and templatized retail product offerings.
- Coordinate with other functional groups in operationalizing Renewable/Sustainability products including load forecasting, supply forecasting, scheduling, and P&L measurement.
- Coordinate with regional portfolio managers in integrating and optimizing Renewable/Sustainability products into the overall Engie Resources portfolio.
- Evaluate the benefits, resources and system enhancements required to manage Renewable/Sustainability products as a stand alone portfolio with a separate P&L.
- Specify, coordinate and test system changes/enhancements to support new Renewable/Sustainability products.
- Provide periodic reporting of the financial performance of the Renewable/Sustainability suite of products.
- Develop analysis to report to management the drivers of portfolio performance both in the delivery month and the forward book.
- Identify, quantify and report on the drivers of product/portfolio margin.
- Participate in the development and calibration of forward pricing curves for power, natural gas, ancillary services, renewable energy credits and all other cost components as may be relevant in the structuring of Renewable/Sustainability products of extended tenors.
- Analyze the price, usage and demand charge risk associated with serving customers on various Renewable/Sustainability product structures.
- Analyze and quantify the risk of offering various product structures for extended tenors.
- Assign, structure and price product structures striking the optimal balance between prudency, risk and reward.
- Research and produce ad-hoc analysis on market fundamentals, risk exposure, customer load characteristics, various cost components and regulatory issues as may impact Renewable/Sustainability product structures across the Engie footprint.
- Monitor regulatory matters at the state, ISO and utility level. Assess the risks and financial impacts of regulatory and protocol changes.
New Product Development Activities
- Support new product development through coordination with various internal affiliates and functional groups.
- Ensure that relevant risks have been identified, evaluated, quantified and addressed through active hedge strategies or contractual mitigation.
- Participate in the development of business cases for presentation to senior management.
- Develop risk guidelines to quantify and articulate the potential financial exposure of new product offerings and associated portfolio management strategies.
- Operate as a team member with all employees of ENGIE North America staff.
- Comply with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem solving, strong analytical and statistical skills and ability to convey complex technical analysis to a broader audience including senior leadership.
- Understanding of energy market fundamentals, including customer usage properties, renewable production profiles, project finance and pricing and portfolio management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency of MS Excel.
- Experience in extraction, transformation and management of large quantities of data using such tools as Python, R, Stata, SQL, Microsoft Power Query, Power BI and PowerPivot is a plus.
- Knowledge of energy transaction management systems is a plus: Ventyx, nMarket, Siebel, Aligne is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Azure, Lodestar is a plus.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think logically and with clear reasoning.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage stressful situations.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline is required – Majors in Business, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics or Computer Science are preferred.
- MBA degree is a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience in competitive retail electric business. Experience in power scheduling, power trading and marketing, portfolio management, generation/asset optimization, product structuring.
- Experience in the market structure and protocols of multiple ISO's is beneficial. Engie Resources footprint covers ERCOT, PJM, NYISO, NEISO and MISO.
- Knowledge of ISO website portals and communication protocols is preferred
- Knowledge of wholesale power and/or natural gas product structures. Knowledge of power generation fundamentals a plus. Knowledge of energy derivative and option products a plus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.