Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Billing Operations (1878)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
Direct all revenue assurance functions for ENGIE Resources pertaining to retail electricity and gas sales, as well as non-commodity services for both small and large, commercial and industrial customers. This role will be responsible for developing and managing a team, owning the controls and processes related to revenue recognition and data quality, reporting results and key performance indicators (KPI's), directing/managing regulatory requirements for sales products, billing and various taxes in a fast-paced scalable business model environment, while ensuring clear, high quality, reliable performance data and reported results.
- Lead billing, revenue, taxes, remittance, regulatory reporting and collections processes
- Responsible for identifying and managing all controls and processes for billing and revenue collection. Including billing, collections, remittance, revenue controls, and associated policies and procedures.
- Manage relationship with IT and other internal shared services as it relates to enhancements and day to day operations and upgrades.
- Responsible for vendor management of all billing systems and associated processes.
- Hire, train, and manage billing, collections, regulatory and remittance staff in a rapid growth environment.
- Responsible for making sure customer bills are generated accurately and on-time. Ensure the relevant billing and remittance controls are in place.
- Ensure billing data is interfacing efficiently and timely to credit, settlements, and the general ledger.
- Coordinate tax processes and ensure taxes are billed correctly.
- Responsible for utility charges and remittance of funds to the utilities.
- Responsible for broker and agent compensation controls and calculations for commissions management.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting to various regulatory agencies for large customer segment.
- Develop and implement a culture focused on meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements as they pertain to billing.
- Responsible for identifying billing management SLAs and ensuring billing exceptions are being worked timely.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking customer deposits and collections process.
- Work with various other Directors, Managers and VP's to assist with customer issue investigations, sales product development, pricing, credit and portfolio risk matters.
- Act as a team member with all employees of ENGIE Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of retail energy operations and controls, best practices, and regulatory compliance standards for small and large customers.
- Expertise in retail energy products, markets, contracts, and processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with results-oriented focus and ability to identify and implement creative and innovative solutions.
- Strong technical skills and ability to multi-task; goal-driven.
- Strong business acumen to make key customer decisions and understand business, financial and organizational implications of changes in the internal and external environment (e.g., regulatory changes, customer service enhancements, etc).
- Strong management and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead and work with several internal and external constituents (e.g., corporate tax, operations, accounting, Sales/Marketing, credit, regulatory agencies, billing provider, other partners, etc.).
- Strong project management skills to implement process and IT system enhancements throughout.
- Hands-on attitude with strong focus on detail.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- Five (5) plus years of retail energy experience, preferably in Revenue Assurance.
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in the energy industry.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.