Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Optimization FP&A Director (2042)
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
Directs the activities of the FP&A group for the Asset Optimization scope. Delivers the MBR/QBR financial & operational reviews to ENGIE North American & European management teams and joint venture partners. Works with group FP&A & local management team to establish financial forecast, proformas & budgetary goals. Aids in business decision support and strategy, develops routine & ad-hoc analysis, collaborates cross-functionally to deliver value, provides recommendations & tracking for cost saving opportunities. Collaborates with Corporate FP&A, Vice President GBS and Canadian Accounting & Financial Reporting Director to build FP&A tools, processes and best practices.
Salary - Exempt
- Direct the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews to ENGIE management and joint venture partners, explaining the evolution of the business through operational drivers, highlights (acquisitions, disposals, etc.), and context evolution (business environment and market drivers). Includes comparison to past and forecasted performance (including investment case of lender base case models), early warnings, latest estimates (P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet).
- Engage across the organization to coordinate deliverables and to maintain high level of understanding of the business necessary to communicate best estimates/early warnings and to respond quickly to ad hoc questions/requests from senior management.
- Supports Corporate & Development department heads. Prepares analysis, budgets, manages initiatives/issues progress tracking; follows-up on actions.
- Provide specific financial reports on a recurring basis (i.e. MBR/QBR, Investor relations support, etc.) as defined by local/Paris management and joint venture partnership or asset management agreements.
- Directs the development, preparation, coordination and presentation of annual budgets, re-forecasts and medium-term business plans, bringing together efforts by BEs, Operational, Commercial and Treasury teams.
- Directs the loading of the budget/MTP data (financial & operational) into the reporting system and ensures data capture is timely and accurate.
- In collaboration with Corporate FP&A, Vice President GBS and Canadian Accounting & Financial Reporting Director and the operational organization, identify and implement business processes improvements to improve data flows to/from the reporting systems to produce more efficient and relevant outputs and enhance the control environment.
- Support Senior Management with ad hoc performance reporting requests (i.e. joint venture partner or visitor presentations, one-off analysis needs).
- Manage, coach, develop and train the Asset Optimization FP&A team
- Work with other members of the Partnership and Asset Optimization teams to ensure need of joint venture partners are met.
- Work directly with the Corporate FP&A team to ensure the needs of ENGIE are met.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
- Work in time sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines; may be outside of usual US Business hours.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Bachelor Degree required; MBA or CPA preferred
- 10 years' experience in financial reporting or accounting.
- 7 years' experience in the energy industry
- Experienced creating and working with financial models.
- Energy sector planning and analysis experience with relevant academic qualifications and intimacy with financial statements.
- Deadline driven with project management skills necessary for cross-organizational coordination and on-time delivery of results and presentations.
- Tools used for the job may include SAP EPM, Microsoft Office Tool Suite, Adaptive Planning, Cartesis/SMART & Cartesis Analytics, Solomon, JD Edwards, Maximo, FAS
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.