Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Manager Solar/Wind, Sr. Advisor
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
As part of the North American Commercial Asset Optimization team, this position is responsible for commercial management, short and long-term profitability, and overall valuation of the assets in the portfolio with a specific focus on generating assets within SPP, PJM, and NYISO.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of energy markets, energy policy, market fundamentals, and ISO protocols with a specific focus on SPP, PJM, and NYISO.
- Develop daily dispatch and hedging strategies related to generation assets within the portfolio to maximize overall profitability with a specific focus on renewable generation assets
- Develop and manage short and long-term strategies to reduce price basis risk between generation nodes and trading hubs, including the use of FTR, CRR, PTP, trading products, etc.
- Manage profitability of all revenue and fuel agreements including power purchase agreements, proxy revenue swaps, thermal supply agreements, fuel supply agreements, etc.
- Improve the financial performance of the assets in the portfolio by identifying potential initiatives for value creation relying on technical and economic familiarity with different types of power generation equipment, in-depth knowledge of the markets, firm understanding of all commercial agreements, and operating costs of the asset in order to add value to the asset/portfolio.
- Support business development and affiliates in the due diligence, development, contracting, bid submittals, and operations of new greenfield development and acquisition projects.
- Work in partnership with Government & Regulatory Affairs to identify, develop, and implement market design initiatives that improve asset/portfolio economics and overall market design.
- Understand the management and legal requirements of complex partnership, tax equity, and financing arrangements and be able to operate and maximize asset value within that framework.
- Identify, assess and support execution of other Asset Optimization initiatives.
- Act as a team member with all employees of ENGIE.
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures, including Delegation of Authority and Ethics Charter.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Travel within the USA is required potentially on short notice.
- Must be highly flexible with time demands (at times requiring late night and/or weekend attention), often with no advanced notice (i.e., when an unexpected market condition, fuel supply or plant operational issue arises).
- Attention to detail and a proactive attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to develop written proposals, term sheets and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- 10 years of experience in Generation, Commercial Optimization, and/or Energy Risk Management required.
- Firm knowledge of dispatch, trading, scheduling power, and CRR/FTR/PTP in ISO-style market
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Engineering strongly preferred.
- Broad experience in all aspects of the power industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of solar and wind power plant operations, economics, and marketing strategies.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.