Engage Partners, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hadoop Systems Admin
at Engage Partners, Inc.
Are you an experienced Hadoop Systems Administrator looking for a job opportunity? If so, we are hiring.
Here's what you Need to know:
Now Hiring: Hadoop Systems Admin
- Location: TX
- Perm, FTE only. This is not a contract. You must be local or willing to relocate.
- Salary + Benefits
- Reports to Infrastructure Manager
- Bachelor’s degree reqd
- 10+ years of experience with IT
- At least 5 years of Hands on experience in Hadoop Administration.
- In depth (5+ years) experience of Linux & windows administration, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration.
- Strong (5+ years) experience/knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, Linux, etc.)
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
- Strong experience with Ambari, Ranger, Kerberos, Knox and Atlas.
- Hands-on experience on Hortonworks HDP/Cloudera CDH installation, configuration, debugging, tuning and administration;
- Systems implementation, operations, and its optimization as Hadoop Admin
- You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts.
- You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation.
- Proven experience as an Admin on monitoring resource utilization and proactively identifying job performance and resource issues (network, disk usage, memory usage, server-side limitation) on Hadoop
- Exposure to drive critical issue / upgrade related tickets / calls.
- Manage the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the environment. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture / server / environments.
- Experience administrating distributed applications: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Map Reduce, Hive, or other NoSQL (Cassandra)
- Experience with large-scale high-performance distributed systems like Hadoop, NoSQL or Spark
- Experience with setting up and configuring the YARN queues using the YARN queue manager.
- Experience with Devops, scripting (Linux shell and PowerShell) or other automation.
- Understanding working authorization mechanism for Ranger / Sentry.
- Experience in enabling the Kerberos setup in the platform.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Knox gateway.
- Experience in proper configuration on Hadoop clusters and conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance
- Experience with setting up Networks and iSCSI Storage SANs
- Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises
- Hadoop Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes
- Experience with Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Preferred (Hadoop Administration) certification
Please email your updated word version resume (No PDFs please) to [Click Here To Join] and reference Job# 9068 in the subject line.
Join a winning team that gets the job done right. At Engage Partners, Inc., we focus on excellence in the industry of staffing solutions. We work hard every day to get it right and get it done – the right employees, the right businesses, the right time.
There’s a reason why we have been around for decades. Engage Partners, Inc. has a wealth of experience matching people to their prospective employers (and vice versa). We have the ability to provide the opportunity for long-term career paths or temporary project assignments, temporary or full-time positions, executive management recruitment or attracting seasonal assistance. We work with a strong, diverse network of organizations across the country that are always looking for top-notch candidates to fill their open positions. From small business start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, we want your next job to be the one you’ve been waiting for.
We are a full-service staffing agency with opportunities for employment all across the U.S. Our recruitment efforts are focused on professionals in many areas of expertise:
- Healthcare IT
- Healthcare / Clinical & Non-Clinical
- Administrative & Office Professionals
- Information Technology
- Sales & Marketing
- Finance & Accounting
- Engineering, Energy & Green Technologies
Come see why our clients and our candidates seek out the level of service that makes the Engage Difference: We speak with our clients, not to them. Authoritative and approachable, it's always about the dialogue. Direct and to the point. Let's create solutions, not additional work.
Check out our current opportunities and join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?