Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Engineer
at Endress+Hauser Management
- Job ID
- Sales/Business Development
- Regular Full-Time
- Endress+Hauser Sales/Service Representative
Vector Controls and Automation Group., a representative of Endress+Hauser, Inc., is searching for an Outside Sales Engineer to join their team in their Houston territory.
Vector Controls and Automation Group was formed with the customer in mind. We have highly trained application professionals so that we can achieve the level of customer service and response the customer needs and expects. We have Regional Support Centers in Pasadena, Plano, Tulsa and Kansas City with experienced application specialists who understand the customers' particular processes. We have partnered with some of the top names in the industry to offer complete turnkey superior solutions so that we can help solve our customers' complex measurement problems.
To sell instrumentation and controls products and services; and to be a consulting business partner to customers to determine current and future needs. This position helps customers by providing the correct solutions to their problems; being a problem-solver, a trusted advisor, and a technical expert in applying our products; and being a liaison between the customer and the company. Moreover, people in the position build relationships and rapport with customers (they become more than just a point of contact); and also understand the customer’s business drivers.
- Call on end user representatives such as engineers or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments to provide solutions to customers and act as a trusted advisor in applying our products to their application needs.
- Review specifications, application requirements, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s use of proposed equipment or services.
- Prepare or propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provide technical support to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepare sales contracts for products and services.
- Provide technology overviews and seminars to groups.
- Develop and grow a territory by generating product and business solution sales.
- Provide sales reports as needed.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or business concentration, with at least 4 years of sales experience within the industry (10 yrs. Exper. preferred).
- Technical aptitude with understanding of a solution sell, not just the product sale.
- Ability to recognize and influence key decision makers within a customer’s organization and effectively work different levels of decision makers.
- Recognize sales opportunities beyond the customer’s perceived needs or requirements.
- Ability to be persistent and determined, and to handle rejection.
- Ability to convert accounts from established competitors.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers.
Previous Job Experiences
- Outside Sales in the Process automation field.
- Inside Sales
- Industrial sales
- Field service
- Product management
- At least 4 years of sales experience, 10 yrs. Preferred, in the process control industry or a related Technical field.
Prerequisites (Must have these attributes to be considered for the job)
- 1. Competitive/ Internal Drive
- 2. Work Ethic
- 3. Organizing
- 4. Product Knowledge
- 5. Selling Skills
- 6. Interpersonal Skills
Important (People who are good at the job have these attributes)
- 1. Decision Making Effectiveness
- 2. Oral Communications during Interpersonal Transactions
- 3. Presentation Skills
- 4. Setting Goals and Objectives
- 5. Industry Knowledge
Winning (People who are star performers at the job have these attributes)
- 1. Creativity
- 2. Negotiating
- 3. Professionalism
- 4. Resourcefulness
- 5. Achievement