Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Billing Specialist
- Emerus Holdings Inc
- Shift Type
Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus’ community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.
The purpose of this position is to complete the timely and accurate submission of claims (i.e. insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid, employers, individuals, etc.) for health services provided by the company to ensure prompt payment.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete daily billing process and ensure successful completion
- Review and correct all claims returned by the clearinghouse, payer, or from internal edits
- Follow-up and investigate any billing errors returned from payers. Work with respective team members/supervisors for resolution
- Suggest billing component changes as necessary for payers
- Work various reports (discharge not final billed, billing exceptions, etc) to ensure accurate classification of accounts and to ensure that all accounts have been final billed
- Complete billing requests from team members for submission of claims not received by the payer and corrected claims as identified
- Review and update demographic/guarantor/insurance data obtained in the registration process as necessary
- Track claims made by the company to ensure successful transmission and receipt
Other Job Functions
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Willingness and ability to work overtime
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- 3+ years medical billing experience, required
- Expert knowledge of the UB-04/CMS-1450 claim form, required
- Knowledge of state and Federal payment laws, required
- Experience using a 10-key adding machine, required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook), required
Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication