Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerson Electric Co.
- Develop, manage, and implement deliverables of our cross-functional teams that are focused on implementing our products for the Oil and Gas industry. Managing existing implementations, and conducting internal R&D initiatives.
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting customers' requests/issues.
- Deep commitment to quality, self-improvement, and team-oriented development.
- Review technical design specifications.
- Participate in functional, regression and performance testing.
- Issue triage and tracking.
- Coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders and have a thorough understanding of the technologies, systems, and processes that will be used in achieving project objectives
- Place emphasis on executing on time, on budget and with high customer satisfaction.
- Gather and document client business processes and requirements
- Make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business activities.
- Interact with different client groups to provide technical support.
- Assist teams with the planning and design of business processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of company's business procedures and objectives.
- Demonstrate superior collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Organization, good judgment, communication skills, analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and decision making skills.
- Write user documentation as needed.
- Organize and perform client training sessions (formal and informal)
- Post-go live support
- BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Or, Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or technical equivalent
- Knowledge of internet based systems including experience developing web based applications.
- 5 years of C# development experience, plus at least 3 years with ASP.NET. Exposure to development of Windows Services, WCF services or WEB API is a plus.
- Development and administration experience in SQL Server 2012 or later. Understanding of TSQL, stored procedure design and database performance optimization (table indexing, query optimization, etc.). Additionally, experience with Oracle and/or other relational database management systems is a plus. Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is also a plus.
- Knowledge of administering and configuring Windows Internet Information Services (IIS). Experience with Windows MSMQ, Active Directory / ADAM / ADLDS / LDAP is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and report designing tools such as Crystal Reports and/or Microsoft SSRS.
- Experience with developing custom interfaces between software solutions using one or more of the following is desirable: Web API / Web Services, Microsoft SSIS, OLEDB, XML, PIDEX, CSV or Excel. Exposure to SCADA, OSI PI and other historians is a plus.
- Comfortable adapting existing experience to new environments.
- Passionate about technology and applying it to business processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the clients and team members (oral, written & visual).
- Experience with project lifecycles from requirements to support transition preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills preferred.
- Attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills preferred.
- Oil & Gas experience preferred.
- Visio and Access experience preferred.
- Intermediate to Expert in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint preferred.
- Good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen to help the team capture, evaluate, analyze and deliver on business needs preferred.
- Experience with new product development and release cycles in a Professional Services/Technology Solutions environment a plus, as is experience with distributed and overseas teams preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.