Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Inspector II
at Emerson Electric Co.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for performing well-defined inspection activities, auditing, problem solving, defining procedures and resolving quality related issues.
The Inspector will report directly to the Quality Manager; however, may also receive direction from the Value Stream Manager, Operations Manager and Manufacturing Manager.
- Perform inspection and testing on receiving parts
- Generate inspection records to meet ISO requirements
- Perform line-check inspection in the manufacturing area
- Work with Assembly Operators and Manufacturing Engineers to affirm process controls
- Document product status, records and summarizes data
- Prepare, control and maintain manufacturing and inspection documentation
- Support the investigation of claims and root cause analysis, including, execution of corrective actions
- Assist the Quality Engineer and Quality Manager in the training of other employees
- Maintain a 5S work environment
- May perform other duties as assigned
Minimal Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three to five years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience with engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Familiarity with 5S methodology
- Good Working knowledge and use of calibrated measuring devices (Calipers, Micrometers and Durometers)
- Working knowledge of the Quality Management System (QMS) per ISO 9001-2015
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and documentation/procedural skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with fellow inspectors and other employees.
- Flexibility to work priority schedules
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Physical Job Requirements
- Stand up to eight hours per day
- Ability to work in a seated or standing position
Leadership Architect Competencies
- Decision Quality
- Communicate Effectively
- Drive Results
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.