Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operator Performance Consultant
at Emerson Electric Co.
Operator Performance Consultants at Emerson's Control and Operator Performance Center of Excellence provide top-notch engineering solutions and innovative technologies to our worldwide customers in the petrochemical and refining industries. They utilize modern control system technologies to design and implement control systems that successfully help our customers meet their operating objectives.
- Design and implement Operator Performance solutions using Emerson Automation Solutions' technology and processes.
- Understand customer's industrial processes and help customers determine process boundaries and appropriate operational responses.
- Evaluate, design and implement solutions that reduce error and improve situational awareness in an industrial control room environment.
- Review customer industry process documents and control system database.
- Develop logic and strategies to optimize alarm management systems as well as review strategies with the customer's technical and operations team.
- Deploy software solutions at a customer site which involves the integration of control systems, operator's training, and providing as-built design documentation.
- Use various Microsoft Office software applications and control system applications for project execution.
- Arrange and lead project meetings with customers.
- Travel required: 25-30% with some international travel.
- Education: 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum Experience: 10 years of relevant industry process experience
- Experience in Microsoft Excel VBA Macro Development and/or Microsoft Access is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines and maintain consistency with existing project schedules
- Knowledgeof Oil and Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Industry processes
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.