Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics / Material Handler II
at Emerson Electric Co.
Reporting to the plant's Distribution Manager, this position performs physical and administrative tasks involved in the storing and distribution of products, materials, supplies, and equipment. This role is accountable for unpacking and packing goods transacted against purchase and customer orders. In addition, he / she will allocate, locate and retrieve material for production and accurately transact material movement in electronic systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Move and package products and components incoming from suppliers and customers
- Safely stabilize large products for transport within and outside of the manufacturing facility
- Determine and identify product and material storage locations based upon electronic instructions and placement strategies
- Accurately perform and execute all material transactions, including allocation, picks, issuances, and confirmations
- Maintain accuracy of material counts and locations by performing audits and conducting physical inventories
- Perform daily checks of inventory balances at point-of-use storage locations
- Pick and kit material in an organized and logical fashion to optimize productivity by manufacturing work cells
- Rotate through material handling job functions including material unpack, warehousing, product cleaning, and material packaging
- Read, follow, and execute tasks per sequence defined by electronic or hardcopy instructions
- Use tools and equipment, including, hammers, cutters, fork lifts and other motorized equipment.
- Perform housekeeping and organization of storage spaces, material, and products
- Identify potential roadblocks to daily goals, propose solutions and resources needed to Distribution Manager
- Professionally interact with multiple work groups in, and outside of primary manufacturing department
- Work independently and productively in a team environment
- Engage and actively participate in problem solving, process improvements, and team meetings while utilizing effective communication skills
- Assist, and be responsive to the needs of teams and team members as well as other individuals, in the pursuit of the company's goals
- Develop and implement quality and productivity improvements as necessary to achieve department objectives
- Actively participate in, and promote, continuous improvement of safety, quality, delivery, and productivity processes and metrics
- Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with business and government regulations
- May perform other duties as assigned
Minimal Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years related experience in material handling and logistics
- Experience with SAP, preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to, accurately perform computer data entry and transactions
- Demonstrated understanding and logical approach to analyses and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate independently and productively with moderate supervision
- Ability to move and operate safely in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate motorized material handling equipment, including, fork lifts, hand-pallets, jack-pallets, cherry pickers and cranes when moving large and heavy products
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protection equipment, including, safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, etc. as necessary per job function
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.