Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
at Emerson Electric Co.
- Focus will include working with the Manufacturing Facilities and Management to drive the following actions:
- Works with Perfect Execution to identify, define, and implement scope improvement activities to drive operational performance improvements and cost reduction using Lean Manufacturing Tools and methods.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams to develop and implement continuous improvement strategies, such as Kaizen events, setup reduction projects, standardized work methodologies, value stream mapping, and 5S 1.
- Leads ad-hoc problem solving teams to tackle specific issues identified by business KPI's.
- Coordinate Product Line moves to include the following;
- Re-layout product lines that reduces space and encompasses single piece flow.
- Implement Standardize Work that focuses on meeting takt time.
- Develop Operational Method Sheets.
- Implement 5S 1
- Work directly with Engineering and Marketing on New Product Development.
- Design for manufacturability will be included on New Product Designs
- Provide leadership to the organization in rolling out the continuous improvement philosophy and continuous improvement tools for familiarization and implementation.
- Improve Material Flow by identifying and eliminating waste within the Value Stream
- Support and Lead Perfect Execution Projects
- Support the Customer Care Initiative
- Coordinate initiatives and objectives with other departments, including production, planning/scheduling, supply chain, warehouse, receiving, shipping, EHS, strategic business unit, etc.
- Manage and direct site level Strategic Initiative projects. Responsible for on-time execution of projects and attainment of key metrics.
- Position requires travel. This includes (but not limited to) on-site assistance and facilitating product line moves.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Business, or equivalent.
- Lean Champion Certification preferred.
- Operations, Procurement and Supply chain background, including experience with Lean, Six Sigma and MRP with at least 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in continuous improvement, problem solving techniques and project management. Training and execution of Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and facilitation/training skills.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills and be able to influence people when planning and facilitating continuous improvement projects. Communication, confrontation and negotiation skills are critical.
SAFETY is a core Emerson value; all employees shall subscribe to the following Safety Values:
- Safety is the first consideration in everything we do, if it isn't safe, we don't do it: SAFETY COMMITMENT.
- Safety begins at the top - we walk the talk and lead by example: SAFETY LEADERSHIP.
- Safety information is shared and investigation conclusions are open to all parties: SAFETY OPENNESS
- Safety is knowledge - we report every incident and take immediate remedial action: SAFETY REPORTING
- Safety is everyone's responsibility - we learn from mistakes and do not tolerate negligence: SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.