Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Demand Planning Analyst
at Emerson Electric Co.
- Ongoing focus will be to work with the Sales and operations teams to assist with the following actions:
- Ownership of Strategic Business Units (SBU) based Demand deliverables in Actuation Technologies Global Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Works with the Actuation Technologies Sales Organization, Projects Managers and Demand Managers throughout different world areas to identify and define short, medium and long-term product demand by market segment, geographical segmentation and kind of business.
- Works with various functions to establish a secure and reliable process for gathering and analyzing this data, which meets the business need for not only speed, reliability and accuracy, but also, market, kind of business and geographical segmentation.
- Prepares S&OP forecast to support the monthly management business reviews
- Creates, monitors, and maintains S&OP metrics and key performance indicators, identifying potential risks and opportunities
- Maintains a constant review of data gathering, processing systems and processes.
- Continually develops and improves models, systems and processes to meet business needs and requirements.
- Works with operations and supply chain management to ensure that information being gathered and processed is coherent with their needs and requirements
- Presents and provides demand forecasts as well as background and detail regarding demand forecasts in order to contribute as required to S&OP decision-making.
- Develops and maintains appropriate models/history to interpret dollar forecasts into product unit forecasts and disseminate them to world area manufacturing facilities.
- Develops and maintains a history / database of demand information and statistics that will facilitate a better understanding of this information and more sophisticated / accurate demand forecasting and planning.
- Assists the SBU leaders in breaking down Bookings data and interpreting Sales trends
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum four-year degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Business Marketing or a similar technical field.
- Must have two to four years' experience in Forecasting or Demand Planning, along with operational experience. Valve/Actuator experience would be a plus
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Suites, and working knowledge of ERP process is a requirement.
- Strong analytical problem resolution skills, and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to communicate results both verbally and in writing.
- Be self-directed, organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- May be required to perform other duties as assignedSAFETY is a core Emerson value; all employees shall subscribe to the following Safety Values:
- Safety is the first consideration in everything we do, if it isn't safe, we don't do it: SAFETY COMMITMENT.
- Safety begins at the top - we walk the talk and lead by example: SAFETY LEADERSHIP.
- Safety information is shared, and investigation conclusions are open to all parties: SAFETY OPENNESS
- Safety is knowledge - we report every incident and take immediate remedial action: SAFETY REPORTING
- Safety is everyone's responsibility - we learn from mistakes and do not tolerate negligence: SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.