Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design & Sustaining Engineer
at Emerson Electric Co.
Magtech, a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions,has been providing level instrumentation to the process industry for over 25years with flexible and creative solutions for a wide variety of applications.
- Appliestechnical expertise in the development of products and processes involvingdevelopment of new technology and application of technical solutions.
- Managesand leads complex design efforts of new products or significant redesignefforts.
- Providestechnical support with some decision making for multiple products.
- Ensureshigh standards of engineering rigor are applied to technical decision making.
- Promotesan innovative engineering environment.
- Maintainscontinuing contacts with manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, vendors, andcustomers on technical matters.
- Maybe assigned to a project leadership role for projects requiring coordination ofnumerous activities.
- Proposesdetailed engineering actions to supervisor to resolve technical issues.
- Oftenwill serve as a project leader; effectively communicates project status issues.
- Preparesdetailed multi-year plans including resources, costs, and schedule necessary tocomplete assignments.
- Plansand organizes activities necessary to execute work assignments.
- Assuresprojects follow the design process and products meet company qualityrequirements.
- Assuresthat product documentation meets quality requirements.
- Participatesin engineering leadership activities including new product development processimprovements, training, improving engineering tools, promoting innovation, andsetting priorities.
- Involvedin numerous design, product, and process review activities.
- Understandsregulatory requirements which affect design and manufacture of product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science, an ABET accredited engineering degree is preferred
- Four (4) years of related experience to include working knowledge of piping, welding, and welded assemblies
- Knowledge of electronics theory, testing, and PCB design preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.