Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Butterfly and Ball Valve Assembly Operator II
at Emerson Electric Co.
The Butterfly and Ball Valve Assembly Operator II is responsible for inspection, assembly and testing of Ball and Butterfly valves. These duties may be part of valve assembly from component parts, as well as, testing of valves.
- Interpret work orders to achieve assembly and testing of the Ball and Butterfly Valves
- Follows procedures for assembling products, handling products, equipment and materials per the production department and company's quality system procedures
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools to perform assembly of components in accordance with quality standards
- Generate inspection test reports to meet ISO requirements
- Maintain a 5S work environment.
- Work and promote safety in the work place
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This role reports directly to the Assembly Lead and Production Manager; however, may also receive direction from the Production Engineer
Minimal Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of assembly experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment of Ball and Butterfly valves
- Exhibit good knowledge of valves, mechanical ability and understanding.
- Hands on experience with engineering drawings and specification
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams and bill of materials
- Good Working knowledge and use of hand tools, power tools and test equipment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015
- Ability to work in a team environment with fellow employees and managers
- Flexibility to work priority schedules and overtime
- Stand up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to work in a seated or standing position
Key Competencies Required:
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.