Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembly Operator III
at Emerson Electric Co.
Utilizesa variety of hand and power tools to perform routine assembly of basiccomponents in accordance with quality and quantity standards.
- Followsprocedures for assembling products, handling products, equipment and materialsper the production department and company's quality systemprocedures.
- Reviews shop operations packets, Bills-of-Materials, and engineering drawingsto insure that incoming materials to be assembled are correct as to specifiedquantity/quality/part number.
- Based on production specifications and/or Team Leader's instructions, selectsparts, tools, and equipment required for quality mechanical assemblyproduction.
- Inspects and dimensionally checks production to insure assembled output meetsrequirements.
- Utilizes properly calibrated precision measuring instruments when performinginspections. Informs the Team Leader of any operating, material, or partscondition that would interfere with production quality orquantity.
- Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools andequipment utilized.
- Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap and recycled material intoapproved collection containers.
- Operates appropriate equipment required to move materials into, around, or outof the department.
- Maintains an accurate record of all work performed in the appropriate companyformat.
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safetyregulations, policies andprocedures.
- Meets cell TAKT
- Contributes to Standard Work Improvements
- High School/GED
- 3-5 years previous experience in assembly operations
- Drives for results
- Detail oriented
- Works efficiently
- Meets deadlines
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Capacity for learning
- Adaptability to change and ambiguity
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.