Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Specialist - Customer Care ESI
at Emerson Electric Co.
- Primarily responsible for providing resolutions of one or more software products.
- Researches problems and reports findings.
- Identify the cause of various issues and ability to formulate resolutions or a work-around.
- Provide technical assistance support to customers, utilizing systems and data to resolve complex business issues.
- Log and document all issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Prioritize and differentiate problems.
- Work with development and services staff to resolve critical issues.
- Develop expertise in the application, configuration and design of ESI product lines.
- Advise on client-specific application configurations.
- Participate on functional, regression and performance testing.
- Manage change requests; provide level of effort regarding scope of deliverables.
- Review technical design specifications.
- End user support and training.
Must be willing and able to travel as required (10%)
Maybe on call for extended hours.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science plus 3 years of related experience.
- 3 years of experience in software engineering, including web based applications.
- 1 year of experience with OO (C# or Java), plus at least 1 year with C#.
- Good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen preferred.
- Organization, good judgment, communication skills, analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and decision making skills preferred.
- Passionate about technology preferred.
- Customer Help-Desk experience preferred
- Oil & Gas industry experience preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.