Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welder (Turbomachinery Repair Shop)
at Elliott Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Skilled Trade
To recommend and implement welding protocol to meet Elliott requirements and customer specifications in support of various turbo machinery. Turbomachinery will include turbines, compressors, pumps, gear boxes, and supporting equipment and/or components. Able to perform complex plan layout and perform unusual welding operations in a safe and timely manner to meet customer needs. Has the ability to plan and oversee work with very minimal supervision or feedback. Helps train other employees in the functions and processes in the department.
The below reflects general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherit in the job.
Start on 1st shift (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) for training(up to 6 months) and assigned to 2nd shift thereafter (3:30 pm – 11:30 pm).
- Promotes safety and quality at all times.
- Positive attitude and display of leadership.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Conducts their self in a professional manner at all times when working with internal and external customers.
- Must have a strong knowledge and background of welding and fabrication concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings, sketches, work scopes, and verbal instructions.
- Uses appropriate equipment, tooling, drawings, work scopes, procedures, specifications and documentation to perform the primary function.
- Ability to gain Elliott certification in weld processes such as TIG, MIG, submerged arc and heliarc.
- Able to perform diaphragm weld repairs, both inconel and stainless steel. Includes partitions, split-lines, side walls, seal faces and fits, set-backs, ledge blocks, crush pins, and any other required on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Ability to perform stress relieving and non-destructive testing to Elliott specifications. Able to understand and process documentation associated with turbo machinery such as inspection reports, photo logs, and hold tags.
- Advance knowledge of lifting, rigging, crane, forklift operations, cut-off saws, heating/cutting torches, plasma cutting, steam cleaners, power hand tools such as drills, grinders, and other necessary equipment as needed.
- Advanced knowledge and accuracy in using required measuring devices.
- Helps train other hourly employees in weld processes and procedures.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in company provided educational material, trainings, and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities.
- Must have 5 years of experience TIG, MIG, submerged arc and heliarc - with industial or commercial machinery/tools/parts (turbo-machinery preferred but not required)
- Journeyman Welder preferred
- Must be open to travel to home office in Jeannette for training(could go couple times during first 6 months)