Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elliott Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Field Service - Repairs, Installations, etc
There is no specific reporting location. Travel averages 80-100%, on a job-site specific basis throughout the United States with some international travel.
Under the direction of the Field Service Manager, the Machinery Specialist provides after sales service.
- Performs and can lead actual disassembly, inspection and reassembly work associated with overhaul and installation of turbomachinery as part of the Elliott team committed to safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains an Elliott safety culture and has authority to stop work should unsafe conditions or practices be observed.
- Participates in and adheres to not only Elliott safety processes, but also customer site specific safety requirements. Has ability and initiative to adapt to unique situations in an industrial environment and execute proper work procedures and requirements per Elliott defined procedures and requirements.
- Ensures that all work under their control complies with Elliott best practices, is recorded accurately and communicates any deviations from the work scope, problems or delays to their supervision in a timely manner.
- Takes control to ensure not only self but others reduces commercial risk to Elliott through the prudent use of time and materials.
- Conducts themselves at all times in a manner befitting of a professional organization.
- Implements a coordinated plan covering scheduling, purchasing, installation and service activities.
- Ensures that all technical information and documentation for quality verification and service reports is completed promptly and distributed accordingly.
- Ability to effectively interact with Elliott Field personnel to implement a coordinated plan covering scheduling, purchasing, installation and service activities.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting daily tool box safety talks and performing and reviewing Job Hazard Analysis tasks with team.
- Conducts Behavioral Based Safety observations and submits to supervisor or office for documentation.
- Responsible for daily collection, accuracy review and submittal of daily time sheets to office.
- Responsible for obtaining customer signatures on time sheets and submitting to office when no Elliott Supervisor is present on job.
- Ensures that all Elliott records are updated relating to work performed and issues report when applicable.
- Assumes full technical responsibilities on small single person call out jobs.
- Maintains control of Elliott tooling and resources.
- Follows instructions and guidelines as described in the quality and EHS management systems in the execution of all work.
- Contributes to Field Service Operations continuous improvement process as applicable.
- Must provide your own hand tools based on Elliott list and requirements.
- 5 - 10 years’ millwright management/leadership experience in the refining, chemical and power generation industry and 10-15 years hands-on turbomachinery experience.
- Strong knowledge of steam turbines, gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, generators, speed increasing/reduction gears, couplings, and shaft alignment a must.
- Ability to take precision measurements and attention to detail required.
- Ability to motivate and lead a crew of employees, demonstrating strong leadership ability and skills in a direct report setting.
- Ability to control and ensure others are maintaining proper care and control of precision machined and operational critical components being disassembled and assembled.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including technical writing).
- Computer skills (Specifically MS office/Lotus Notes/Basic MS Project).
- Ability to analyze scopes, schedules, specifications, technical drawings, blueprints, layouts erection manuals and other documents.
- Ability to manage and update schedules, prepare job logs and reports, enter time and expense reporting for multiple members of crew.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport and TWIC card.
Elliott is a tobacco and drug free workplace. In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, Elliott Group is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group Recruiting team in Houston, TX or Jeannette, PA will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.