El Campo Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at El Campo Independent School District
EL CAMPO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: Library Aide
Reports To: Principal and Librarian
Dept./School: Assigned Campus
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: C/P 2
Days Employed: 180
Date Revised: June 1, 2014
Assist librarian in the administration of the campus library. Perform routine clerical duties under direct supervision.
High School Diploma or GED
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as
required by the No Child Left Behind Act
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Ability to shelve books following district cataloging system
Ability to work well with children
Effective, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Physical ability to move about in the classroom to monitor and supervise students
Learn pertinent procedures and functions quickly and apply them
Understand and carry out oral and written directions
Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those encountered in the course of work
Experience working with children
Clerical experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Library Program Support
- Provide individual instruction and assistance to individual students or small groups in using library media center resources including computers and other equipment.
- Check books in and out. Collect and record fines.
- Ready materials for classroom or reserve collection use as requested by teachers.
- Request and schedule use of materials from outside sources including regional education service center.
- Prepare bulletin boards and displays and assist the librarian in preparing instructional materials.
- May read to small groups of students and listen to individual students read aloud.
- Maintain confidentiality of information as required by school policy.
- Maintain high level of ethical and professional standards as expected of all personnel.
Accounting and Inventory
- Maintain library catalog.
- Receive and process new books, materials, and equipment and reconcile with packing slips and invoices. Shelve returned books, materials, and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair books, magazines, materials, and equipment. Arrange for repair at outside facilities (e.g., bindery) as directed.
- Assist in the annual inventory and weeding of library media center materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Prepare bibliographies, forms, purchase orders, requisitions, and routine correspondence according to standard procedures.
- Supervise and monitor students as assigned and assist librarian and teachers to maintain appropriate student behavior and an orderly atmosphere.
- Maintain library operation in absence of the librarian.
- Assist in directing the work of parent volunteers and student aides.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard library equipment including imaging equipment; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Regular sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; regular overhead reaching; climbing ladders
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside; work alone; exposure to biological and chemical hazards such as mold and dust
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruption; maintain emotional control under stress
Job Contact Information
Friday, April 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)