Educational Credit Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Educational Credit Management Corporation
Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Admissions Representative recruits qualified candidates for the college’s academic programs in a compliant, appropriate and professional manner. Provides basic information, routine guidance and assistance to potential students on matters related to enrollment and the admissions process. Evaluates and resolves student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensures appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, company, and/or regulatory agencies. Upholds enrollment standards by complying with related governmental regulations and standards of accreditation, and by enrolling only students who meet eligibility requirements as published in the college’s catalog. Demonstrates positive attitude and motivation, concern for students, teamwork, excellent time management skills and the work ethic to follow-through on commitment to students and the organization. Uses Company approved Admissions materials during telephone calls, interviews and enrollment process. Observes and adheres to all company polices and best practices. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action. All activities will be monitored to ensure consistency with company standards.
This level is expected to be fully proficient in the core responsibilities of this position with limited supervision and work is checked sporadically. This level requires at a minimum, 2-3 years relevant experience to meet the qualification listed on this job description and may be assigned special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The expectation is that the majority of an Admissions Representative’s time will be spent directly interacting with prospects/students either in person or on the phone. It is also expected that the Admissions Representative meet all minimum standards outlined per the performance management program.
New Prospect/Prospective Student Interaction (75%)
- Take inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about the programs—including entrance requirements, curricula and academic standards—and encourage qualified prospects to schedule an appointment for an interview.
- Return web inquiries and calls promptly to all potential students and give accurate information about the programs, including entrance requirements, curricula and academic standards.
- Make outbound phone calls to potential students that have expressed interest in attending the institution. Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this role.
- Follow up on all inquiries that fail to schedule or show for an interview.
- Follow up with interviews that did not progress in the enrollment process and dropped/cancelled students to resolve any issues or address concerns.
- Generated referral inquiries
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to the prospect
- Participation in organized student outreach according to company best practices is required and is an essential part of day-to-day activity.
- Initiate unsolicited leads and generate new business when not responding to outstanding inquiries or working with current prospects/students.
- Follow up with dropped or cancelled students to resolve any issues and address concerns.
- Provide campus tour to perspective students and families.
- Schedule and conduct student interviews, wherein any reference to Financial Aid complies with the stated Company Policy.
- Utilize only approved company materials during the interview process, and conduct interviews according to the stated policies and process at all times.
- Speak with the potential students to explain the program offering and match the college’s benefits and advantages to the student’s needs. Discuss and advise suitable programs in accordance with the student’s desires, qualifications and objectives.
- Make all efforts to ensure that admissions management speaks with the potential student and is well informed about the student’s motivations and concerns about attending the college.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to the prospect
- Provide prompt and timely follow up with prospective student
Mentoring and Guidance (15%)
- Provide basic information and routine advice, guidance and assistance to students using established procedures and policies on available programs and eligibility requirements, including the application of policies, procedures and documentation regarding the admissions process.
- Serve as a liaison between student and campus, and make all necessary enrollment forms available and assist in completion as needed (including reviewing applications and related documentation for compliance, partnering with Finance to ensure a high level of customer service during the transition, and following up to ensure that financial aid packaging is complete).
- Mentor and advise students to help them identify their unique skills and interests.
- Address any easily-resolved inquiries, questions, concerns or issues and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Provide continuous follow up with the student to assist in any needs that may arise with continuous focus on student retention.
- Accurately account for all inquiries and the admissions activity associated with all inquiries using company approved software.
- Complete daily activity reports.
- Be prepared, prompt, and ready to start every workday at assigned start time.
- Ensure that all pre-start paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep all required reports current and accurate, including information stored in the system.
- Conduct text campaigns to prospective students
- Attend and successfully complete all new hire and continuing training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
- Attend meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by local leaders
- Complies with all Zenith and ECMC Enterprise Policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED
- Associate degree or higher is preferred
- Experience requirements are distinct for each level of the position as called out on the job summary section
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders. Efficiently manages resources and understands work/project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks and business benefits.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to deliver on commitments as promised and able to acknowledge when commitments are not met and takes appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze, identify and solve problems while using sound judgment. Able to implement solutions to address business issues. Knows who to involve and takes appropriate action
- Ability to anticipate, understand and manage customer expectations and consistent delivery of services. Clearly and effectively conveys information
- Reports to – Director of Enrollment
- Direct Reports – None
Office: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Light work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. are occasionally required.
Rarely if at all – less 10% of the time.
ADDITIONAL PERTINENT INFORMATION:
- Required to work normal hours to successfully perform the job responsibilities
- May need to work nights and weekends to complete assignments
- Frequently subjected to interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
ECMC Group is a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students recognize and realize their potential by investing in, creating and providing innovative education solutions that support schools and improve student educational outcomes.
Helping Students Succeed Since 1994:
- 13.9 Million student loan borrowers helped
- 34 Thousand Career and Technical Education students graduated
- $100 Million in Philanthropic giving
At ECMC Group, we don’t just talk about valuing our employees; we back it up by providing a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards package:
- Health & wellness benefits- Variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to meet diverse needs, plus ECMC Group covers more of the cost for these benefits than 75% of other employers do. Company paid life & disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts and robust wellness programs including access to on-site gym and free group fitness classes.
- Financial benefits- Generous 401(k) plan with a company match up to 6%, paid time off starting at 20 days/year and commuter subsidy which covers the full cost of a Metropass.
- Education assistance- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,500/year for approved programs, Student loan reimbursement up to $400/month and scholarship program for dependents of employees.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired with ECMC Group and its affiliates will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire and . ECMC Group participates in E-Verify to verify authorization to work in the U.S. ?
Click here for more information about the company.