Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Procurement Manager, Indirect Logistics
at Ecolab Inc.
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company has an opening for a Senior Procurement Manager in our Global Procurement Team located in Sugar Land, TX. If you are a passionate professional that is seeking opportunity, advancement, and a rewarding career we invite you to apply. This is a great opportunity to join a highly recognized global growth company offering competitive compensation and benefits in addition to career growth.
This take-charge individual will lead procurement activities for assigned indirect categories and subcategories. The strong performer will be recognized as procurement strategy expert and will collaborate with manufacturing, quality, planning, logistics, and suppliers in order to identify and drive total delivered cost savings, security of supply, innovation and process improvements. Specific experience supporting Logistics and/or Fleet (e.g., modal transportation, warehousing, light & heavy fleet, material handling equipment, etc.) is preferred.
The strong performer can expect further career advancement with Nalco Champion and will have the opportunity to move into other procurement and supply chain leadership roles within the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to advance your career with a stable growing company!
What You Will Do:
- Identifies, develops, and implements broader category sourcing strategies and savings projects for assigned indirect spend categories and subcategories to reduce total delivered cost, mitigate headwinds, and improve security of supply.
- Leads a Total Delivered Cost (TDC) sourcing process including spend analytics, market analyses, team workshops, should cost models, sourcing strategy development and negotiation
- Effectively communicates strategies, results, and metrics to leadership teams as required
- Develops contract strategies and effectively negotiates key commercial and supply positions for to the benefit of Ecolab business requirements and goals
- Stays abreast of industry trends for assigned categories. Provides guidance and recommendations to business units in order to support margin and top line growth
- Effectively implements strategic supplier strategies and initiatives. Develops business relationships at multiple levels within supplier accounts to manage performance, quality improvement, productivity and service level
- Leads, coaches and develops direct reports to ensure strong performance and build high performing teams.
- Develops, aligns and drives strategic projects to improve procurement processes, tools, and efficiencies
- Manages procurement work streams associated with growth strategies and acquisitions in order to meet corporate objectives
- Implements purchasing infrastructure in conjunction with functions and supply chain to assure availability at required quality & cost levels
- Ensures compliance with strategic initiatives including cost reduction, continuous improvement of total cost of ownership, best practices, environmental targets, and safety
- Works with stakeholders and vendors to ensure required assets are procured and maintained to optimize total cost of ownership
- Establish and manage reporting and business requirements with Ecolab's suppliers
- Establishes service level agreements (SLA's) with suppliers and internal support functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain or finance
- Immigration Sponsorship is not offered for this role
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Business or Finance
- Logistics and/or Fleet procurement experience
- Experience in the chemical/petrochemicals industry
- Demonstrated history of leadership, teamwork, and project management skills
- Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement
- Demonstrated skills in clear communication and presentation
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong presence in interactions with others
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.