Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ecolab Inc.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for system master data updates for Direct Materials. The Procurement Specialist is aligned with one or more Chemical Categories and serves as a subject matter expert for the specialist team. They also help to back-up the team and assists in training new specialists. The Procurement Manager and Supervisor may assign additional tasks related to team projects and other team assignments. This position typically reports to a Procurement Manager or Supervisor within the Compliance, Systems, and Process organization.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Manage master data related to purchased goods and services.
- Execute department procedures and develop ways to automate transaction activity
- Obtain data from external and/or internal sources and analyze data for completeness and accuracy
- Takes appropriate action to correct errors and implement changes in processes to stop errors from occurring
- Place purchase orders for assigned purchased goods and services
- Data entry into a database or ERP system. May be required to handle confidential data relating to suppliers or business operations.
- Manage all pricing and blocked invoices for assigned purchased goods and services
- Identify improvements in efficiency and accuracy of data in procurement systems
- Advanced problem-solving skills within data and systems
- Lead specialist team initiatives to drive automation and create efficiencies
- Assist the CSP Process Manager with process documentation, KPI data pulls, and other tasks as needed
- Location: This position is located in Sugar Land, TX
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related field
- 1+ years of professional experience
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Ability to speak Spanish highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills in clear communication
- Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong presence in interactions with others
- Demonstrated teamwork and project management skills
- Strong ability to problem solve and exhibit critical thinking skills
- Plans to start, or progress toward an advanced degree in business, finance or a related area
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.