Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic - I&E - Freeport, TX
at Ecolab Inc.
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Maintenance Mechanic – Instrumentation & Electrical in our Energy Services group located in Freeport, Texas. If you are a strong maintenance professional with a proven track record of success working in chemical plants, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive wage and benefits.
What's in it For You:
- Become a key maintenance resource for a growing chemical plant that is using a reliability-based maintenance approach.
- Opportunity for a long-term career with the potential for growth and development.
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What Will You Do:
- Perform site corrective and preventative equipment maintenance on instruments and electrical equipment.
- Repair, troubleshoot, and install plant equipment components. Assist other crafts as needed.
- Perform work according to Nalco Champion maintenance procedures. Provide input into procedures that require revision or development.
- Work from detailed instructions both written and oral
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, layouts, drawings, and/or specifications
- Work in plant, office, or shop environments
- Work with supervisor and supply chain specialist to ensure inventory and parts are in stock or that a purchase order request has been written
- Capture information useful in performing Root Failure Analysis
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, or high lifts
- Communicate closely with operations throughout the repair process.
- Plant located in: Freeport, Texas
- Work week and shift: Regular hours Monday through Friday, with the exception of a weekend or after-hours call-in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 4 or more years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- 2 or more years’ experience with instrument and electrical systems in an industrial environment.
- Trained in arc Flash Safety
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals
- No immigration sponsorship offered
- Have the ability to bend, squat down, and reach above your head,
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Must have the ability to don a respirator
- Must have the ability to wear fall protection if necessary
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of working at elevation including from a man-lift or ladder.
- Formal vocational training or certification in plant maintenance area of expertise.
- Prior chemical plant maintenance experience.
- 2 or more years’ experience with electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, provides safe, sustainable chemistry programs and services to the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry, refineries and petrochemical operations. Through onsite problem solving and the application of innovative technologies, we maximize production, optimize water use and overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.