Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ecolab Inc.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, is seeking an Area Manager, Site Lead for our Downstream division. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Water programs and services in targeted accounts within the Oil and Gas industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Water accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
What’s in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology
- Develop your career as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue.
- Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Water innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Water.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations; identify unmet customer needs.
- Provide support to the District in terms of being aligned with the customers and the market place around pricing strategies, service models, efficiencies, other potential revenue streams, product profitability, defending existing business, and prospecting.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Supervisory responsibilities including mentoring, coaching, training District Representatives
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within Nalco Water, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds/25 kg chest high
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of successful technical sales or field sales management experience
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemical experience
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role (US Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Our innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and other locations throughout the world. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on Ecolab to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges – and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc.