Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dollar Tree
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1459050
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Auto Req ID
1210 Hartledge Road
The role of the Facilities Manager is to provide overall direction, coordinator and evaluation of the maintenance department comprised of exempt and nonexempt associates. This role is also ultimately accountable for maintaining the assets of the facility in the most cost efficient manner. This position is responsible for embracing Family Dollar’s store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for performance of team of Managers/Technicians and Mechanics over multiple shifts of a large scale facility to perform maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities systems.
2. Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
3. Develop a strong collaborative team-based environment.
4. Drive performance as measured by the Maintenance Key Performance Indicators
5. Manage and oversee the repair and maintenance of equipment; assign work orders
6. Manage preventive maintenance programs and ensures schedule is adhered to in order to minimize down time.
7. Establish relationships with Site Leads, business partners such as SSC leads and vendors to establish trust and credibility in the delivery of maintenance services
8. Resolve Facility Maintenance opportunities at sites under purview, escalating when needed
9. Develop and manage operating expense budgets for the site including monthly variance reports
10. Initiate purchase order requests for goods and services for site within responsibility
11. Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
12. Administer training to ensure compliance, readiness and competency of staff
13. Ensure operational satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
14. Support the Regional Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects.
15. Assist in the development and implementation of the annual capital planning
16. Ensure compliance with Dollar Tree operational audit and safety standards
17. Collaborate with Sourcing team on national and regional sourcing opportunities to define scope, coordinate supplier walk-through, and manage national and regional supplier performance at property level.
18. Responsible for all inspections and licenses necessary for facility to function.
19. Oversee and ensure building, grounds and equipment are clean and well maintained.
20. Manage and oversee the facility’s waste disposal program; ensure waste is disposed of according to appropriate regulations.
21. Hire, orient, train, evaluate and develop associates. In conjunction with the Assistant General Manager and the Human Resources Manager, carry out disciplinary actions and/or recommend termination of employment as appropriate.
• Must be able to continuously walk the Distribution Center for an extended period of time
• Must be able to lift or move up to 60 lbs
• Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts
• Bachelors' Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical or Structural disciplines preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or mechanical preferred.
• Managing a maintenance team and assets though a EAM or CMMS application
• Minimum of three years maintenance and supervisory experience in an automated distribution or production environment.
• Proven safety performance of the team
• Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance practices and procedures including best safety practices.
• Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
• Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommends, and implements solutions.
• Requires rapid and thorough independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, good judgment as well as the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility.
• PC skills – Outlook/Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Auto Req ID
1210 Hartledge Road