Dole Food Company, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traceability & Equipment Control Clerk
at Dole Food Company, Inc
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The primary purpose of the traceability coordinator position is to ship and track all bulk fruit while maintaining efficiency and accuracy. The Traceability Coordinator also serves as back up for the Equipment Control Coordinator.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Issue orders to personnel carrying out stuffing/unstuffing/transloading of fruit in accordance with sales requirements
- Ensure that fruit is properly tracked per new FDA requirements
- Coordinate with sales office regarding bills of lading to receive specific fruit, specific containers, left over loads, and special assignments
- Communicate with Dole transportation managers and truck dispatchers to track trucks’ progress/arrival and expedite transfer process to ensure all trucks are loaded within our allocated operating hours
- Prepare paperwork, equipment, and temperature recorders for following day’s orders
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy of orders while coordinating with sales to prevent/fix discrepancies in order to preserve customer service
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Must be able to cross train with co-workers
- Work as a team player with co-workers
- Must have organizational skills
- Must be able to multi task
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use a computer
Ability to develop skills to perform basic, repetitive and manual activities in the job
Ability to understand own tasks and how they relate to others in the team
Ability to use exiting procedures to perform straightforward tasks; has limited opportunity to solve problems
Has no supervisory responsibilities
Impacts quality of own work and its contribution to the team
Requires basic communication skills and common courtesy
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Internal: Sales office, transportation department
- External: Truckers and ILA personal
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School diploma
- Ability to obtain a TWIC
- Able to sit and work on computer.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, rotating shifts preferred/required.
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.