DNV GL Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Assistant (Scribe)
at DNV GL Group
- Requisition ID
- Business Area
- Oil & Gas
- Position Type
- Temporary employment
Local Unit & Position Description
Our Oil & Gas Services department, located in Katy, Texas, is a market leader in delivering cutting edge services across the value chain, including upstream, midstream LNG and downstream in North America. Driven by our passion to make the industry safer, more reliable and execute more efficiently we provide second and third-party service to operations, engineering firms and service companies. We establish best practice in process safety and reliability through our consulting services. Our assurance services help customers obtain and maintain their license to operate.
Our department is currently seeking Technical Assistants (Scribe) to work with our engineering support team on a project basis. Technical Assistant (Scribe) will be responsible for accurately and efficiently documenting technical workshops, including discussion, actions and recommendations. Scribes will also be responsible for writing technical reports for PHA’s.
The ideal Scribe Technical Assistant would be experienced in PHAs (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and FMEA/FMECA) with the ability to use relevant software (PHA Pro, Excel, etc.) Technical Assistant Scribes will be required to read technical and engineering drawings such as PnIDs, PFDs, etc. Work may be done from DNV GL’s headquarters in Katy, TX or from a client office in the greater Houston area.
Tasks May Include
- Transfer of data from proprietary software packages into standard office tools (MS Excel, Word, etc.)
- Simple data management such as formatting text/data in excel or manually filtering for specific data points
- Mark-up of PnIDS based on instructions from DNV GL subject matter experts
- Preparation for PHA/FMECA workshops including adding reference codes to PnID drawings, pre-populating log sheets
- Scribing for PHA/FMECA workshops to include taking accurate and complete notes of discussions, actions and recommendations
- Write technical reports for PHAs
- Additional tasks may include: Document control, proposal preparation and general technical assistance.
- High school and engineering related college studies
- Experience in an engineering administration environment
- Technical competencies:
- Must be proficient in standard office software packages such as MS Office suite of applications
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (PnID)
- Behavioral competencies:
- Proficient speaking skills; ability to speak with a wide variety of industry clients for the purpose of communicating DNV GL services and capabilities
- Attention to detail, internally driven/motivated, hardworking, strong social skills, professional presence, often takes the initiative independent of direct instruction
- Ability to work on a team effectively and efficiently, but also be able to show effectiveness when working individually.
- Actively seeks opportunities to help team members with demanding project schedules and expectations
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Skills (not required)
- Experience in PHAs (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and FMEA/FMECA) with the ability to use relevant software (PHA Pro, Excel, etc.)
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!