Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit & Assurance Senior
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit & Assurance Senior in Houston, TX.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One years' experience in accounting and auditing.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing substantive testing on complex areas of clients' balance sheet and income statements;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Auditing internal controls over financial reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404;
- Auditing financial statement balances and disclosures pursuant to Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Accounting requirements;
- Working with complex areas of client's balance sheets and income statements, including goodwill, complex investments, management estimates, and income taxes;
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Designing, implementing, testing, and assessing deficiencies of internal controls;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros;
- Interacting directly with senior management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolution; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
- Must possess: CPA license or passage of all four parts of CPA examination.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.