Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembly Tire Technician Associate (Houston, TX) $14.40/hr Full Time 1st Shift M-F
at Dealer Tire
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19000224
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.40
Monthly Performance Bonus and Yearly Profit Sharing Bonus potential
Competitive benefits package available
How Do You Apply?
Step 1: Apply online: Click Apply Online at bottom of screen and you will be directed to our formal application
Step 2: Complete Assessment:
(Will take approx. 10min)
Step 3: A recruiter will review your application!
Dealer Tire is a unique, successful and growing privately held tire distribution company. We are looking for energetic associates with a focus on safety and customer service to grow with us.
We provide an attractive starting pay with both monthly bonuses and annual profit sharing opportunities. We also deliver an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. In addition, we offer primarily first shift, M-F schedules with paid time off. Our competitive environment encourages and rewards individual and team success. Dealer Tire provides excellent training and advancement opportunities.
As an Assembly Warehouse Associate, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Working on the assembly line; performing as part of an assembly team.
- Responsible for performing and ensuring the execution of tire and wheel package assembling each day; achieving the goals defined by the company.
- Hands on performance and knowledge of each piece of equipment used in the operation. Care and regular maintenance of equipment. Troubleshooting, fixing and/or ensuring the machinery is in safe working order.
- Ensure adherence with warehouse operating rules and standards.
- Follow all SOP documents, and contribute to their continuous improvement while training in the following areas:
- All assembly processes
- Equipment training
- Equipment maintenance
- Quality controls
- All inspection criteria and contribute to new, improved inspection standards
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements and best practices
- Accurately store, ship, and receive product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
- Label and sort orders to ease selection and picking process.
- Bring inventory discrepancies to the attention of the manager to avoid customer order problems.
- Accurately select orders from warehouse in order to prepare deliveries in a timely manner.
- Complete all required paperwork timely and accurately and give to appropriate personnel.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store merchandise.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped and ensure correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Participate in physical inventories as needed.
- Efficiently move product from staging and storage areas into warehouse.
Inbound & Outbound Freight
- Prior to product storage, count all product, compare to manifest, and check all shipments; report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments to management.
- Check contents of orders as filled and assembled. Compare quantity, quality, labeling, and address with customer's order to insure outgoing shipments are complete and correct.
- Ensure accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents. Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Assure receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders and that shipping counts match picking documents; assist in resolving discrepancies.
- Collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to proper record-keeping unit.
- Follow all JDE business process requirements.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Help establish procedures to ensure customer service levels for requests, concerns, and complaints.
- Manage customer pickups at warehouse.
- Assembly Warehouse Associate 3/14/2014
- Operate Tire and Wheel assembly equipment including mounting and balancing equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Operate material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Use JDE / Transcollector and any other warehouse management system equipment for picking, receiving, storing and any other warehouse functions as required.
- Maintain a clean, safe & secure work area.
- Assist in maintaining warehouse security.
- Comply with OSHA, MSDS and Dealer Tire standards.
- Effectively communicate and work with other warehouse associates, Warehouse Manager, and Corporate Associates and management.
- Aid in location security efforts (opening/closing procedures) when necessary.
- Maintain delivery vehicles and accessories and identify cleaning/maintenance needs.
- Understand business goals and company values and participate in warehouse meetings.
- General housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Meet the requirements of Dealer Tire's Motor Vehicle Record Policy and Company Vehicle Fleet Policy.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Meet minimum skills requirement as defined by Dealer Tire.
- Minimum of two (2) years assembling or kitting experience in manufacturing operation with heavy equipment and product lifting OR minimum of two (2) years tire and automotive experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years tire mounting and balancing experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements
- Lifting at least 70 pounds
- Continuous lifting, bending, crouching, and twisting
- Dealer Tire is a drug-free environment. All applicants being considered for employment must pass a pre-employment drug screening before beginning work.
- There will be random drug testing for all Dealer Tire warehouse employees.
An amazing opportunity to join a growing organization, built on the efforts of hard working, innovative, and team-oriented people. We offer a competitive salary bonus, and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of employee contribution).