Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Critical Facilities Operations
- Management of the Facilities
- Employee Management including recognition, reviews, career development, corrective actions and scheduling
- Interviewing and hiring new employees
- Employee training and training updates
- Maintain Operations Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Work with the Manager of Implementations to assure smooth implementations for the customer
- Review all terms and conditions of customer contracts and orders
- Serve as Implementation Manager for certain key accounts to ensure successful service delivery. Follow CyrusOne processes on tracking and reviewing project costs, submitting PO requests, coordinating with vendors, reporting on project health, etc.
- Customer Environmental Services Management
- Create and deliver scopes of work for environmental consulting
- Work with Sales to deliver Environmental services proposals
- Work with the Operations to assure peer to peer connectivity and monitoring is in place for delivered services
- Support of Phase 6
- Work with the Vice President of Data Center Operations to assure that environmental issues are handled and communicated correctly to customers
- Set up and maintain environmental monitoring solutions for all managed facilities within the NOCC
- Environmental Management
- Manage day to day operations of Air (Production & Distribution), Power, Fire, and Access
- Proactively develop and implement maintenance activities
- Report on all SLA required activities
- Capacity Management
- Maintain status and future status reporting on all capacity thresholds within the facility
- Access Management
- Work with the Security Manager to assure all access points are monitored and controlled
- Manage all security issues to resolution and conduct post mortems for future assurance
- Create access levels for new clients, assign access levels to vendors, monitor equipment leaving facility and generally oversee all aspects of Security Facility Operations Assurance
- Manage all sub-contractor agreements for maintaining the building
- Asset Management
- Management of our asset tracking processes, and systems
- Reporting on Assets for customers and internal
- Daily reporting and communication
- Data Policing for all Reporting of Operational KPIs
- Administering Daily Shift Reporting
- Generate periodic reports
- Regulatory compliance Management
- Updates for our Business Continuity Planning
- Perform SAS 70 Re-occurring audits
- Updates and Training for our Facility Operations Handbook
- Perform SOX Audits
- Perform SOC 2 Audits
- Problem Resolution
- Customer Issue Resolution Owner
- Verification and analysis of alerts
- Post mortems on all customer complaints.
- Customer Communication
- Emergency Action Communication – Creation for Validation.
- Signoff Point for Customer Transition from Engagements to Operations
- Customer Concerns discussions
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Responsible for generating and adhering to annual OpEx budget
- Responsible for generating and adhering to annual CapEx budget
- Create, submit, and present capital project budget requests to the Capital Committee
- Manage strategic initiatives on behalf of the company
- Set forth the vision and roadmap for achievement
- Develop and organize the team to fulfill the roadmap
- Monitor and manage activities associated with fulfilling the vision
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of people within the organization
- Ability to direct and manage work groups
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and takes ownership of the customer experience
- Ability to develop and document procedures and train personnel on the procedures
- Can proactively identify potential customer issues; communicate them to appropriate parties and resolve.
- Takes ownership for business performance
- Provides constructive thought leadership on ways to improve service.
- Pursues creative ways to reduce expenses when possible.
- Operates with a strong work ethic and a desire to do things the right way.
- Proactively offers constructive and creative ways to improve our business.
- Leads by example in helping to build and sustain a healthy, supportive and results driven culture.
- Exercises good judgment in communicating and resolving issues with fellow co-workers.
- As a CyrusOne representative, treats all vendors, contractors, employees with respect and professionalism.
- Encourages constructive feedback on performance so lessons can be learned as part of a continuous improvement culture.
- Displays personal commitment to always learn and improve.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing critical facilities, preferably in a data center environment
- 10+ years supervisory or personnel management experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field (equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree)
- Fast paced environment
- Travel required
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.
CyrusOne’s data center offerings provide the flexibility, reliability, and security that enterprise customers require and are delivered through a tailored, customer service-focused platform designed to foster long-term relationships. CyrusOne’s National IX platform provides robust connectivity options to drive revenue, reduce expenses, and improve service quality for enterprises, content, and telecommunications companies. CyrusOne is committed to full transparency in communication, management, and service delivery throughout its more than 30 data centers worldwide.
The company provides mission-critical data center facilities that protect and ensure the continued operation of IT infrastructure for hundreds of customers, including many of the Fortune 20 the Fortune 1000 lists of enterprise companies.