Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CyraCom, llc
Position Summary :
This position is responsible for the overall operation, coordination and continuous improvement of a call center. An incumbent is responsible for center productivity, attainment of service level goals and ensuring that staff adheres to company policies and procedures.
Work requires a high degree of independent judgment and is highly variable and complex, requiring interpretation of needs, guidelines, policies, procedures and precedents. This position has authority to make decisions on budgetary, purchasing and human resource matters. End results are reviewed by the supervisor who is also consulted about strategic issues. An incumbent in this position has extensive contacts throughout the organization from peers to executives, and represents this function to others outside of CyraCom. This position supervises exempt and non-exempt staff.
As Operations Manager, you will:
- Manage and lead the activities of assigned staff; ensure that department functions are performed efficiently with adherence to quality standards; provide support and assistance to staff.
- Establish and lead effective and collaborative working relationships with CyraCom staff, providing support to call centers, such as Human Resources staff, Workforce Management staff, Facilities staff, etc.
- Develop and lead actions plans involving support staff for call center projects and issues.
- Oversee activities related to call monitoring of interpreters and direct reports; ensure call quality activities meet or exceed internal goals and objectives.
- Review trends and customer complaints to evaluate efficiency of work and efficacy of current methods and procedures.
- Review policies and procedures; make modifications to achieve quality and performance goals; ensure that CyraCom’s interpreter protocol and policies and procedures are followed.
- Hire, train, recommend/approve salary actions and recommend/administer corrective actions, including termination.
- Resolve problems directly through coaching of subordinates and/or collaboration with peers and management.
- Oversee the planning and administration of the departmental budget; ensure that key performance indicators are met or exceeded; take corrective action to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Oversee payroll reporting and ensure accuracy.
- Oversee activities related to monitoring interpreter calls, ensuring that quality goals and objectives are met or exceeded.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with CyraCom Interpreter policies.
- Uses standard office equipment such as telephones, computers, copiers and fax machines.
- Use MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Explorer (or other internet browser).
- All employees are required to perform the following essential functions: demonstrate predictable, reliable and timely attendance; follow written and verbal directions and complete assigned tasks on schedule; read, write and communicate in English; communicate in person and by telephone in accordance with CyraCom policy; learn from directions, observations and mistakes; work independently or as part of a team; interact appropriately with others including co-workers, supervisors and customers; and work with supervision, receiving instructions/feedback, coaching/counseling and/or corrective action.
As Operations Manager, you must have:
- Expert knowledge interpretation policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of CyraCom’s lines of business, company core values and integration of interpreter functions into overall company objectives.
- Solid knowledge of interpreter protocol for different subject matter areas such as medical, legal, social services, etc.
- Solid knowledge of CyraCom’s quality standards for interpretation.
- Solid understanding of linguistics and different cultures.
- Solid knowledge of the budgeting process and ability to read and interpret budget and financial reports; ability to determine if revenues and expenditures are meeting targets.
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Exceptional commitment to confidentiality in accordance with CyraCom Interpreter policies.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid understanding of effective principles and practices of supervising employees and the ability to effectively apply these principles to direct reports in support of a collegial, customer-focused and competent work unit.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to operate competently common office equipment, including, but not limited to, computer, fax, copier and telephone system.
As Operations Manager, you must be:
- Skilled in adjusting to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Skilled in forming collaborative working relationships with peers and managers in other departments, as well as establishing accountable and supportive working relationships with direct reports.
- Skilled at making presentations and favorably representing the company in person, or through written or telephonic communications.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Skilled at organizing work, prioritizing duties and delegating work appropriately to staff.
- Skilled at timely addressing uncomfortable or difficult employee performance issues and situations, working towards an effective resolution.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer (or other internet browser).
Additionally, you will:
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and self-motivation using personal initiative to identify and recommend best practices.
- Demonstrate a continued commitment to professional education and industry best practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Translation, Interpretation, or directly related field; or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing in a contact center environment with a minimum of 300 seats.
Physical Demands : This position is sedentary, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. This position is required to continuously talk, hear, see and operate controls with hands; and frequently sit, stand and walk.
Environmental Factors : This position works in an indoor office environment with a moderate level of office noise.
Equipment Operated : Personal computer, printer, fax, copier and telephone equipment.
Duties not listed in this position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of management . The incumbent may delegate all or any of his/her duties to qualified personnel; however, such delegation does not relieve him/her of overall responsibility and accountability for the successful conduct of those duties.
WHY WORK FOR CYRACOM?
CyraCom International, Inc. is the leading provider of language interpreting services and operates the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers. CyraCom impacts the lives of millions in the United States by connecting those with limited English proficiency to critical services. In business since 1995, CyraCom services thousands of clients throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. The Company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States for a ninth year in a row and eleventh time overall in 2017.
“We make a difference every day.”
CyraCom team members help thousands of people communicate every day by removing cultural and linguistic barriers in all levels of every day conversation. We ensure high levels of accessibility by providing interpretation services over the phone, through video, and on-site at our client locations. We work relentlessly to provide the support and infrastructure necessary to ensure people can communicate at a moment’s notice, because at any time our service could be needed in a life-saving event. Our hundreds of clients span numerous industries, including hospitals, banks, insurers, entertainment companies, and government agencies.
Our employees most often say three things:
Culture: You have the resources of a large company with the flexibility and excitement of a start-up.
Impact: Your contributions matter; people notice the changes and improvements you create.
Meaning: Your work ultimately helps improve the lives of millions in the United States – CyraCom helps those who cannot communicate normally to access to healthcare and other vital services.
We value our employees and believe that an enjoyable work environment is beneficial to all. Here are some ways we contribute to that goal:
- We celebrate our diverse workforce.
- We encourage our employees’ professional and personal growth, including tuition reimbursement and internal promotions
- We provide a “business casual” dress code (with “casual Fridays”).
- On occasion, CyraCom provides a professionally catered luncheon for employees at each of our locations.
- CyraCom also sponsors occasional “Spirit Days” customized for each location and its employees.
CyraCom provides a generous menu of benefits from which you can pick and choose what is best for you and your family, including Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and professional development.
CyraCom also provides competitive salaries, along with discretionary bonuses based on individual and company performance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CyraCom International, Inc.’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind. CyraCom International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CyraCom International, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.