Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Get the opportunity to contribute to the design and administration of financial modeling, reporting, budgeting and analysis for a Class III Medical Device Company. It is imperative for the Cost Accountant to be adept at maintaining the accuracy of the cost of goods sold by developing and monitoring product cost. You will do this by analyzing large amounts of data using available tools to summarize the situation quickly. You will need to have at least 2+ years’ experience in cost accounting within a manufacturing environment to be successful in this role.
Here’s what Year One is all about for our Cost Accountant getting out of the numbers and making a difference.
- Reconciliation and reporting of inventory, PPV, direct labor hours, cycle count performance.
- Report and explain drivers of operating expense, analyze trends and variance explanations
- Review forms and reports to confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose
- Design, evaluate, recommend and approved changes to forms and reports
- Monitor Manufacturing Shop Order processing for proper value, timely closing, and resolution by determining the cause of the errors so that the condition is eliminated.
- Quarterly cycle count audits and assisting with the forecast.
- Close involvement in the annual budget and the standard cost setting process by managing material and freight cost, creation of models and templates expenses, and performing the yearly cost roll.
Realistically, we need someone with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business for the Cost Accountant role. In addition to your educational background, most critical to your success is a hands-on understanding of the vital role we all play in the medical device industry. Along with all of this, familiarity with SAP or BPCS environments would be great! You should be an Excel super advanced user, pulling out V-look ups, logistical formulas, macros, and pivot tables should be nothing new to you.
At LivaNova, your talent can touch the lives of people everywhere, help improve the lives of people around the world, a momentous responsibility—a responsibility shared equally by everyone who chooses to build a career with us. If you are up for the challenge, apply today!