C&S Wholesale Grocers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Manager, 2nd Shift
at C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Requisition ID
- Grocers Supply
- Warehouse Operations
Grocers Supply, based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As a Warehouse Shift Operations Manager, you will plan and coordinate a shift operation for a warehouse distribution facility, ensuring that quality, safety, and production requirements are met or exceeded.
- Directly oversee daily shift operations to include selection, shipping, receiving, cross docking and trailer loading operations.
- Lead & manage Warehouse Supervisors in the efficient and safe operation of Warehouse activities.
- Take immediate action to resolve any WMS problems that could impact daily labor standards & timely completion of shift requirements.
- Monitor labor standards daily and take appropriate action to ensure standards are achieved.
- Conduct performance management activities including, annual performance appraisals and design of training and career development plans.
- Ensure that progressive coaching and counseling concepts are conducted according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in determining department operating budget.
- Ensure department daily, weekly and quarterly KPIs are achieved including achieving department budget goals.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records and submit to Payroll for timely processing.
- Develop and implement improvement initiatives resulting in greater efficiency, improved profitability and reduced expenses.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards for safety, quality and GMP.
- Ensure clean, safe work environment for all Associates.
- Oversee all pallet replenishment and put-away operations to ensure inventory and location accuracy.
- Participate on the Distribution Safety Committee as required.
- Coordinate emergency store orders.
- May conduct Associate focus groups and meetings to collect ideas and address issues of concern and foster positive Associate relations.
- Inform Warehouse Senior Management of all operating issues and problems and make recommendations for corrective action to ensure quality warehouse operations and customer service.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Some college credit is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Three to five years of general warehouse experience with minimum two years in a Supervisory role
- Knowledge of Warehouse safety regulatory standards
- Basic proficiency with personal computer operations; Microsoft Office applications preferred (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Warehouse Management Systems; voice recognition, Inventory control, labor management
- Coaching skills for team development
- Bilingual a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills sufficient to communicate performance expectations and motivate and retain staff members
- Ability to apply conflict resolution techniques
- Certifications Preferred in Food Safety, Fork Lift Operator, HACCP