Carpenter Technology Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Machinist IV
at Carpenter Technology Corporation
Amega West Services is a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation based in Houston, Texas. Amega West is a leading manufacturer of high-precision complex components for measurement while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD), drill collars, stabilizers and other down-hole tools that have been used for directional oil and gas drilling. Carpenter acquired Amega West in December 2010 to provide a more integrated value-added supply chain to oil and gas customers. This growing business operates within the corporation’s Performance Engineered Products division and maintains more than ten strategically located facilities throughout the United States, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
- Operate Lathes, Mills and/or other production equipment used in the Amega West Services operations for the machining of rotary shouldered connections per API Product Specification 7 and applicable work order.
- Operate assigned machinery and equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Notify supervisory personnel if a nonconforming condition is disclosed.
- Operate a variety of CNC lathes and machining centers with various controls without supervision.
- Tool proofing of first run jobs and give feedback to programming to ensure run efficiency and accuracy. Set controls of feed, speed, depth of cut without supervision.
- Understand and apply optimal part holding techniques.
- Follows safety guidelines and procedures established by the company.
- Be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and/or calipers
- Machining parts to print specifications using machine tools such as lathes, mills, shapers or grinders
- Must be able to set tooling and apply offsets
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of machining experience with lathes, mills, OD and ID Calipers, Steel Rule and other related hand tools. Understanding of MSDS’s.
- Requires working knowledge of controls and instrumentation, conceptual skills, functional and technical skills, attention to detail, good verbal communication skills, ability to use good judgment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
Carpenter Technology Corporation offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Learn more
Carpenter Technology Corporation is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to 5 business days.