Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Americas IBCM Full-Time Analyst - Houston Oil & Gas
at Credit Suisse
The Houston office of Credit Suisse is home to the Oil and Gas Group (Americas), which is responsible for coverage of the upstream (E&P), midstream (pipelines, MLPs), downstream (refineries) and OFS sectors. The group is part of the Global Energy Group, one of the largest industry coverage groups within Investment Banking & Capital Markets (IBCM) at Credit Suisse. Credit Suisse's Oil and Gas group is involved in all aspects of capital raising, both equity and debt, as well as M&A advisory services. Our international reach and U.S. regional breadth offers unique opportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, which differentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors.
Our two year Investment Banking Program will provide you with acomprehensive experience through broad exposure to the financial servicesindustry and successful execution of significant transactions in themarketplace. As an Analyst in our Investment Banking & Capital MarketsDivision you will have the opportunity to gain expertise in both specificbusiness industries and a broad range of financial products. Analystresponsibilities include using financial modeling and valuation approaches toanalyze companies, examining the impact of a transaction on a client's capitalstructure and analyzing the consequences of mergers, acquisitions and leveragedbuyouts. At Credit Suisse, you will work closely with the most qualifiedprofessionals at all levels and be integral to the success of your team.
Our international reach and U.S. regional breadth offers rareopportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, whichdifferentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors.
As a First-Year Analyst, you will receive intensive training. Ourtraining program is considered one of the top programs on Wall Street.Components of this training will include an orientation to the Firm, basics of accounting,corporate finance, financial modeling and valuation techniques. You will learnkey concepts integral to your career and participate in a week-long dealtraining seminar modeled after a real life scenario. The program also includesa variety of social events to facilitate networking among your colleagues.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing companies usingvaluation techniques and financial modeling
- Researching the influence oftransactions on a capital structure
- Analyzing the ramifications ofmergers, acquisitions and leveraged buyouts
- You should be enrolled in adegree program with a graduation date of May/early June 2020. Credit Suisse isnoted for the diversity of its employees, and seeks applicants with a commonset of abilities:
- A hardworking self-starter whoachieves significant results in a time sensitive environment
- You are a critical thinker withexcellent analytical skills
- A motivating and adaptable teammember who can build enduring relationships, exhibits dedication, and assumesresponsibility
- You possess the ability tomulti-task with strong attention to detail
- An articulate communicator whoalso recognizes the importance of listening
- Principled and committed to thehighest standards of ethical behavior
- Strong interest in thefinancial sector
- You have excellent PC skillsand an advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.