Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Manager
at Cox Communications
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and perform unplanned events that adversely affect the desktops and network or computing environment.
• Supports, manages, and ensures operating capability of both the LAN, VPN and wireless network and keep operational at all times.
•• Ensures hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, changes and relocations are efficiently completed as required.
•• Install, configure, and maintain Windows PCs, WideOrbit automation system, MusicMaster scheduling, Windows file servers, network cabling and Ethernet networks.
• Troubleshoot computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties.
• Maintain security system PC's and programs, applications, and regulating file permissions.
• Work closely with Engineering, Corporate IT and the Customer Support Center and ServiceNow, application development, network and security teams to develop and implement scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available server and storage strategies that meet business objectives and set relevant service-levels.
• Maintain and develop procedures for backups and restores, as well as monitor the performance, success, or failure of these tasks.
• Responds with a sense of urgency to team members' problems and demonstrates a genuine interest in helping them.
• Makes oneself approachable and available to others, volunteers to assist and support others when needed.
• Provides information in a timely fashion and keeps users fully informed of progress and decisions being made.
• Uses company resources to further knowledge and expand on Individual Development Plan
• Remains vocal about desire to engage in projects or activities that will stretch knowledge or skill set. Acts as a trustworthy consultant to management in giving recommendations.
KGLK-FM • KHPT-FM • KKBQ-FM • KTHT-FM 1990 Post Oak Blvd, Ste. 2300 • Houston, Texas 77056
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum 5 years SAN and NAS hardware (NetApp preferred)
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a datacenter environment in support of Windows
• Minimum 5 years' experience in computer systems support environment including mid-range, and/or desktop hardware and software, and connectivity between all environments.
• Minimum 5 years Microsoft Active Directory domain, or other Directory services support
• Minimum 3 years' experience with SMS/System Center Configuration Manager and BigFix
• Minimum 3 years' experience System Center Operations Manager
• Minimum 5 years' experience with backing up critical infrastructure
• Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint Server a Plus
• Broadcast engineering experience encouraged.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, management and communication skills.
• Knowledge of a range of Windows OS, Windows Server, Windows applications and all Windows Office, Active Directory.
• Knowledge of computing and computer network hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
• Knowledge of computer network security systems, procedures, techniques and applications.
• WideOrbit for radio automation software.
• MusicMaster Scheduling
• Microsoft System Center Endpoint.
• Experience with ServiceNow a Plus
This position is responsible for a 24 hours per day, 365 days per year operation of all local and server platforms consisting of NetApp, Windows, and VMware as well as backup strategies.
Cox MediaGroup (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing anddigital media company. The company's operations include broadcast televisionstations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications.Additionally, Cox Media Group operates the National Advertising Platformbusinesses of CoxReps, Gamut and Videa; and offers a full suite of local andregional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses.For more information about Cox Media Group, please visit www.coxmediagroup.com.