Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Group, Inc. - is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with more than 90 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval Group is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
The Quality Director will be responsible for assuring the quality of processes and procedures to assure compliance with contracts, project specifications and governing codes either at site, Corval’s facility or Fabricator’s facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, communicated and execute the regional quality vision for Corval.
- Develop and lead the process that integrates construction teams from kick off to development and execution of the Project Specific Quality Plan.
- Identify process, cultural and execution gaps and implement change with urgency.
- Hold construction teams and leadership accountable for quality results.
- Manage all quality assurance procedures and reports.
- Assist in the development and review of the quality program documentation manuals, work processes and reporting of quality records management and quality documents.
- Assure that the contract and subcontract obligations for testing and record keeping are adhered to.
- Review causes of defects and trends, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Oversee the inspection and testing methods and procedures for soils, concrete, structural, piping and electrical.
- Perform hiring and supervisory duties for site Quality Control Inspectors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Seven or more years of quality control/assurance management experience, preferably in an industrial construction or fabrication environment. Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Inspection Background Preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Inspection or Construction related field.
- Experience in setting up operational QA/QC organization.
- Ability to lead, to influence and to motivate others across the organization.
- Proven experience driving process improvement.
- Knowledge of shop and field Welding, ASME, API, ACI, ASTM, IEEE and building standards is preferred
- Knowledge of drilled piers, excavation, backfill, compaction, concrete and third party inspection.
- Strong analytical skills with expert attention to detail and to accuracy.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Construction and Fabrication site environment – physical ability to stand, walk, crawl, bend, reach and climb. Exposed to high noise levels.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.