Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Builders & Erectors – a subsidiary of Corval Group, Inc. - is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with 95 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval Group is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
Corval Builders & Erectors is seeking experienced Pipe Welders at our fabrication shop in south Houston. As Pipe Welder, you will lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and weld piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weld pipes/metals with various techniques, such as MIG, TIG, and Stick.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials per job specifications.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Remove slag and rough spots with a portable grinder, file, or scraper
- Maintain a clean and a safe work area.
- Work safely, encourages others to do so, and complies with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Experience with MIG, TIG, and Stick welding methods.
- Experience with cutting and assembling pipe.
- Knowledge of properties in various welding rods and fluxes used in welding metal.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to work from drawings, submittals and specifications is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication).
- Ability to work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Exposure to constant or high noise levels.
- May be required to work 10 hour days for 6 or 7 consecutive days for extended periods of time.
- May be exposed to welding arc.
- May be required to work in high or low places.